Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2011, 01:34 AM
Campy Nut

2011 Cervelo R3/2011 Campy Record 11 Build Issues

I had the LBS here start the build on my new 2011 R3..everything was going smoothly until he got to the cranks. The adapters were inserted and when he went to install the cranks, they wouldn't go together..he put a light in there and there was a gap so he called a few other shops who carried Cervelo's because they only carry Colnago, Cannondale, Serotta's, Gunnar's, etc..the people at the other shop said that there is an adapter for Campy along with Shimano as well. The guy building my bike was able to get a part number for the Campy adapter along with the part number from Cervelo. He seems to think that Campy manufactures the part and if this is so, he knows someone that works at Campy USA so it will be a quick find but if not, we'll contact Cervelo and see what we can do..does anyone know of this? Does anyone by chance have this adapter? I wasn't aware of it whatsoever! All I was aware of was the BB30 adapter cups which are new I believe. If anyone (OldPotatoe) has this..or has any information regarding this let me know! I am sure someone will have this somewhere.

Also..does anyone know if this adapter will change the performance of the crank? Just curious..

Last edited by FixedNotBroken; 07-02-2011 at 01:37 AM.