Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-09-2016, 11:56 AM
Administrator

unfortunately my house seems to act like a check valve, once stuff comes in, it rarely goes the other direction, so i dont sell much stuff here, but have bought a whole bunch of things over the years.

honesty and clear communication are the cornerstone principals that make the classifieds work OK.

i like to think no one is here to turn a profit or flip parts for big returns, but i know it does happen. i prefer to see the classifieds treated as friends interacting with friends over strictly cold business dealings.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:00 PM

It's kind of annoying to miss out on a bro deal to a known flipper, but oh well...
Old 02-09-2016, 12:15 PM
The B!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramnnim View Post
It's kind of annoying to miss out on a bro deal to a known flipper, but oh well...
I didn't think flippers were really tolerated 'round here... do we have active, known flippers?
Old 02-09-2016, 12:37 PM
Lanterne rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B View Post
I didn't think flippers were really tolerated 'round here... do we have active, known flippers?
I sometimes resell at a loss.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:39 PM
The B!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tihsepa View Post
I think I almost always do
Old 02-09-2016, 12:42 PM

Bro deal on those PowerTap for sure. But waiting on someone to get back to me before going on to others.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:59 PM

I agree with the general sentiment here. I'm not giving any bro deal to someone tha I don't have even a passing aquaintance to. I'm not a charity. I will price items competitively for everyone and see who shows up. I just sold over $3k worth of items here in two weeks (yes, I made a donation to the forum) and everyone made out fine. This place is no different than any other online outlet. There are flippers here. There are flakes here. Mostly though there are good people here, people I would want to ride my bike with, and give a good deal to. What goes around comes around.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:06 PM

i don't sell much here, but if i do and get a response of "where do i send $?" i do a very quick look to see if the potential buyer spends vast majority of time in classifieds subforum. had a few responses recently that were laughable--hundreds upon hundreds of posts in classifieds over a few years, essentially no contribution to other threads. if that's the case, i ignore their pm's.

this is a community, and i prefer dealing with people who are part of it. come to think of it, i've probably bought and/or sold stuff with only about a dozen or so great members regularly for the past several years. that, to me, is a good thing. prices always more than fair, plenty of trust and reliability in the transaction.

Last edited by 54ny77; 02-09-2016 at 06:18 PM.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:20 PM
Everything is connected

If you don't know the person and you're nervous about sharing PayPal info, just ask for their PayPal address so that you can send a payment request. No response to the request then no need to hold the item.

When dealing with one of the "regulars" here, I try to bust my hump and get the item in the mail with a tracking number and ask that they let me know when the item arrives. Never had an issue.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tihsepa View Post
Your still considered a flipper, just a bad one.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:28 AM
Shifty Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donevwil View Post
Your still considered a flipper, just a bad one.
I was recently asked by my electrician if I was flipping my house. Took that as a compliment.

As to the sentiment, I'd agree with what everyone is saying. Not a fan of working with zero posters, but then I discovered this place as a zero poster looking for a ti bike (was moderately active across the hall).