Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-09-2016, 06:39 AM

Voler Black Label Bibs

It's been awhile since I've had some Voler stuff. They were part of a Moots kit that I had and they were decent enough. I'm intrigued by these. I typically ride in Rapha classic bibs and the five pair I have are coming to the end of their life after 5 or 6 years of daily wear. That's a lot of coin to replace them all at once. I'm considering alternatives and these came to mind. Opinions please.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:40 AM

Our team kit has been Voler for about a dozen years now. The quality in that time frame is noticeable better in terms of pad, material, gripper and fit. I have several pairs of Rapha bibs and jerseys and I'd probably give the nod to Rapha in my preference. If I was sponsored and the team told me that I could only ride the Voler kit in future I wouldn't be upset about it.

Also great price, customer service and made in the US. They do however make some hideously ugly kits, I estimate 90% are too ugly for public exposure.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:47 AM

I also had the Voler Moots kit. I have also had several other Voler bibs, and maybe I've been unlucky but the stuff has never held up well. The lycra thins out and loses its stretch in a fraction of the typical Assos lifespan. In the past I could overlook it because the Voler stuff was really cheap but as prices have gone up it does not make sense to me anymore.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:54 AM

have never worn a bib in my life, but have switched from

Voler shorts to Elite shorts at Aerotech Design. Here's the bib version. Aerotech not quite so generous in shipping, etc, but I like the quality and the chamois works really well for me:

http://www.aerotechdesigns.com/aero-...bibshorts.html
Old 02-09-2016, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
It's been awhile since I've had some Voler stuff. They were part of a Moots kit that I had and they were decent enough. I'm intrigued by these. I typically ride in Rapha classic bibs and the five pair I have are coming to the end of their life after 5 or 6 years of daily wear. That's a lot of coin to replace them all at once. I'm considering alternatives and these came to mind. Opinions please.
I've been wearing Voler bibs for years. They are high quality and last.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:08 AM

My favorite bibs are Assos and Voler Black Label in that order (I've not tried Rapha, however, although I have most other brands). The Black Labels simply fit better and feel better after many hours in the saddle than others. The Black Label line is noticeable nicer than their more standard clothing lines, even the BL jerseys are quite nice.

If you get on their mailing list they often have sales and clearances. I've never paid over $100 for BL bibs.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:33 AM

I use Voler's lower line FS jet bibs they are inexpensive ($69.00.) They are quite a comfortable fit to me and I like a thinner pad and they don't have leg grippers but the legs stay put I think they use some kind of compression design. I ride anywhere from 2-8 hours in them and they are fine for me. Oh I also ride a Brooks pro saddle so that may help too. I do size up I usually wear a medium but I by Voler a large I weigh 165 and 5' 11".
I don't like their jerseys though they are too plastic feeling to me but then again I wear Ibex or equivalent thin wool jerseys.
Also I have never worn Rapha anything, but this weekend is my trip to San Francisco so I may just come back home with something Rapha, or not.
Have a great day.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:39 AM

Voler Black Label Bibs

I've got the Rapha classic & pro, Assos (couple different versions), free aero Castelli, Capo padrones, Sportful total comfort, PI pros, various other brands, and Voler. IMHO, the Voler are as durable as anything else that I've tried if not better. The chamois isn't as good as the Rapha pro team bibs and the material isn't as compressive as the Capo Padrones but for all around quality, comfort, and value I think Voler is hard to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-09-2016, 12:00 PM

I too like the Voler stuff. I don't like it as much as Rapha, but I do like that I can get two pairs for the cost of one pair of Rapha Classics.

I have a lower level Voler that I like as well, I think it's the jet. Simple, totally black, can go with any jersey (even my Raphas).
Old 02-09-2016, 12:21 PM

Never tried Rapha or Assos, outa my budget, but do have several pieces of Voler Black Label, pretty nice happy with them. Might've sized up for the bibs, but the 2 SS jerseys and merino jersey fit me nicely - just right not too tight, not too loose, and are well thought out.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:01 PM

Same here l, been wearing custom Voler for years. I recently picked up a set of the Black Label winter booties. Nicest pair I own.