Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-30-2016, 07:12 AM

"heated seats (wife)"...lol...made my morning Pete
Old 06-30-2016, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grawk View Post
when I bought my beetle, they gave me 2, a lightning one and a 30 pin one. You should just ask your dealer for whichever cables you want, I don't get the impression that would be a deal killer.
I'm looking at a 4 year old car from a private party. I doubt the dealer (which is awful here) will give me a $50 cable.
Old 06-30-2016, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdgenbird View Post
I'm looking at a 4 year old car from a private party. I doubt the dealer (which is awful here) will give me a $50 cable.
Ah. Which cable do you need? I have a 30-pin cable I can send you for the cost of postage.
Old 06-30-2016, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by palincss View Post
You can wait two years. Plenty of time for the new Tiguan to arrive.
I would wait but I'm going to need to do a timing chain and water pump in the next 2k-3k miles. $1600 I'm not going to get back.
Old 06-30-2016, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Ah. Which cable do you need? I have a 30-pin cable I can send you for the cost of postage.
I apreciate it but the car has a 30-pin. I think I want the USB cable so I can leave a cheap thumb drive connected. I would also entertain a lightning cable if it were cheap. No rush as I haven't commited to the car yet.
Old 06-30-2016, 11:00 AM
v a n i l l a

OT: VW cheating emissions on TDI vehicles

So there is a two year window for buyback? And in the meanwhile the owner is still driving a gross polluter

I doubt many in California will be able to wait the full two years because smog certificate requirement will force the repair in order to pass. So you'd have to decide sell back or repair because the vehicle registration becomes a decision point
Old 06-30-2016, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdmtong View Post
So there is a two year window for buyback? And in the meanwhile the owner is still driving a gross polluter

I doubt many in California will be able to wait the full two years because smog certificate requirement will force the repair in order to pass. So you'd have to decide sell back or repair because the vehicle registration becomes a decision point
Gross polluter? C'mon. These are gross polluters. I've been the victim of idiots like these at least a half dozen times on the bike....
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JGYc0wCP7oQ
Old 06-30-2016, 11:39 AM

Quote:

California is part of this decision (note the location of the court), if there's 2 years to make a decision, the cars will still be legal..
Old 06-30-2016, 11:45 AM

Quote:

Remember, the settlement is also with California, and given the following from the Long Form Settlement Notification document:

"EPA/CARB and Volkswagen have negotiated a timeline that allows Volkswagen to submit (according to engine type) proposed emissions modifications to EPA/CARB for approval. The submission, testing, and approval process take time, so class members may not know whether or not their cars have an Approved Emissions Modification for at least six months after final approval of the settlement, and possibly not until May 2018. "

From that it sounds like California will allow drivers to continue driving, at least until it is known whether or not a fix is possible. While not explicitly stated, this sounds like part of the reasoning they give owners 2 years to make a decision.
Old 06-30-2016, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppaWheelie View Post
There's now a 1 1/4" and 2" hitch option for the Mk7 Golf R.

Just sayin'.
Does anyone happen to know more about this? I'd like to mount a 2" hitch on whatever I get next.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:55 AM

OT: VW cheating emissions on TDI vehicles

Seriously considering a lease on an e golf at the moment... Around $179 a month here in RI for a 3 year lease... Would be perfect for commuting...and no gas bills... And could still toss my bike in the back of the 4 door version with no issues...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-01-2016, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerboy337 View Post
Seriously considering a lease on an e golf at the moment... Around $179 a month here in RI for a 3 year lease... Would be perfect for commuting...and no gas bills... And could still toss my bike in the back of the 4 door version with no issues...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Based on talking with people with either an eGolf, the Fit EV, and one other car (maybe a Leaf? I forget actually), in the cold you can expect about 50% range. I spoke at length with the Fit EV guy, a friend and former teammate. He has a 40 mile drive each way to/from work. He can barely make it in the winter, with no heat (which is a huge energy drain). He laughed at the stuff he has to do to drive a car to work dressed up as if he were just standing around in a wind-sheltered spot outside in 15 or 20 deg F weather. He has to charge at work otherwise he can't make it home and he had some nights where he had to stop to charge to make it home. I believe the car is rated at 82 miles or something like that.
Old 07-01-2016, 09:16 AM

Quote:
California is part of this decision (note the location of the court), if there's 2 years to make a decision, the cars will still be legal..
Not to mention that the final fix has not been approved yet, and once it is it will certainly take many months (or maybe a few years) to be able to apply the fix to hundreds of thousands of vehicles. It is entirely possible it isn't even possible to get all cars into compliance within the 2 year window.
Old 07-01-2016, 09:27 AM

https://byebyetdi.us/select.php

someone wrote a calculator page
Old 07-01-2016, 10:03 AM

Quote:
https://byebyetdi.us/select.php

someone wrote a calculator page
So using this tool, does the final figure include the $5100-$10000?

Tags
autoscam, boring threads