Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-30-2023, 03:35 PM

NBD: Standert Kreissage

Thought I wanted a new Allez Sprint and missed a couple in my size. Stumbled upon this Standert on Pinkbike and looks to be an agreeable fit so pulled the trigger. Will definitely take me awhile to build but hoping some friends at Sram and Zipp help out with some parts dealz. Thinking new Force Axs and Zipp 303, Zipp Sprint SL stem and seatpost already on order. Excited to ride an aluminum bike again, and looking forward to it being comfy this time around with carbon components. Last time I had an aluminum roadie was my first race bike, a 54 Caad9 that was a size too big. Anyone have experience riding one of these? My friend John at Sram has a large CX version and had nothing but great things to say about these. @newellbt told me the seat tube angle is crazy steep so I'm interested to see what that feels like out on the roads.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2023-04-30 at 4.32.28 PM.jpg (63.7 KB, 986 views)
Old 04-30-2023, 03:47 PM

What size did you get? Very interested in what you think of the bike, once you have it built and some time on it.
Old 04-30-2023, 03:56 PM

This is a 52, in the "Project Compact" geometry which they say: "Using steeper seat angles and zero offset seat post makes it possible for smaller riders to sit less stretched on the bike without shortening the reach or the need to ride a very short stem as this negatively affects the handling characteristics.

This position is also better from an aerodynamic point of view.

Biomechanically a more compact position on the bike enables the rider to upright the pelvis and use their hips and leg muscles more efficient. A problem taller riders don’t have as bikes are proportionally shorter for them anyway."

Will be curious to see how this works for me. I have a 27.2 straight carbon post the bike came with but have a nice Zipp SL post on order in 20mm offset.
Old 04-30-2023, 04:19 PM

Very nice. I was considering a Standert from what I saw on the forums, but I went with Zukas, and, although these Standert frames look great, so do the Zukas frames, and I am glad I went with Nate. I will be interested in how this bike handles. Some of the geometry stuff you just posted, I didn't fully understand, but how it rides will be interesting. Thanks
Old 04-30-2023, 04:27 PM

I truly regret having to sell my standert, but I just couldn't make the fit work on mine. Really cool bikes if you can be happy in an aggressive position! I would love to find one in the next size up from what I used to have.....
Old 04-30-2023, 04:34 PM

I have that same frame in rim brake version (blue/pink) and it is a blast.
Enjoy m
Old 04-30-2023, 05:19 PM
Not A Bot

Love the look of these built up.
Old 05-01-2023, 03:14 PM

I'd like to be corrected if I'm wrong, but don't the crazy STAs on these (>75 degrees, potentially) lead to a lot of weight on the hands, especially combined with zero offset posts?

I can see how you might get away with it in a crit, when you're putting out tons of power for a short space of time, but I can't imagine it being a comfortable ride for over an hour.
Old 05-01-2023, 03:50 PM

I've been giving a serious eye to these frames, they remind me a lot of the CAAD8 that I loved so much. No nonsense alloy frames with aggressive geometry.

I want them to put this paint job on a Kreissäge though:

Old 05-01-2023, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanbanducci View Post
This is a 52, in the "Project Compact" geometry which they say: "Using steeper seat angles and zero offset seat post makes it possible for smaller riders to sit less stretched on the bike without shortening the reach or the need to ride a very short stem as this negatively affects the handling characteristics.

This position is also better from an aerodynamic point of view.

Biomechanically a more compact position on the bike enables the rider to upright the pelvis and use their hips and leg muscles more efficient. A problem taller riders don’t have as bikes are proportionally shorter for them anyway."

Will be curious to see how this works for me. I have a 27.2 straight carbon post the bike came with but have a nice Zipp SL post on order in 20mm offset.
A friend has one, I always found the geo on it a little curious when we were talking about how to set it up. That little blurb makes sense of the curiosity at least!

It did make copying the fit from his other bikes to the Standert a little challenging though. As you noted earlier, the STA is a degree (or two?) steeper than what you'd typically find and depending on your bike fit on other bikes, you may not be able to land in the right spot on the rails with respect to the BB.
Old 05-01-2023, 06:56 PM

Those are cool bikes. The wide angle distortion of the photo makes that head tube look like a can or corn though
Old 05-09-2023, 09:24 AM

Cool frame n insta brand
I've two frames of them ( inox gravel)

Check the rear of the frame alignent and bottle cage alignement tough lol
Seen 2, 3 frames on a 4 alu standers I've seen from them with 3mm asymmetric rear stays lol , not great; qc seems to be lacking in italy and germany

their taiwan made frame are more okay imho
Old 05-09-2023, 10:21 AM
Sunshine

It saddens me to see we are moving to 3" head tubes. 44mm was big enough!
Old 05-09-2023, 11:22 AM

come on it's aluminium
make sense to use a 49mm can head tube lol
I thought it was 44mm head tube but it's 49 and inset3 ck headset
Looks massive but good irl
I don't mind it
Old 05-09-2023, 12:41 PM

Congrats! Looking forward to your build
I wanted one of their rim brake frames but they were always sold out.

They tell me they will restock rim brake frames in June/July 2023 with a new colorway but are not sure after that how much longer they will offer rim brake