Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2017, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccardr View Post

I ordered on the evening of the 24th and it arrived the afternoon of the 31st. Packaging is truly first rate. Took me about an hour to assemble the bike and set it up according to my fit specs. No complaints whatsoever- everything was well organized, instructions were clear (keeping in mind that I build a couple dozen bikes a year) and the parts and pieces are well finished and installed. Derailleur and brake settings were spot on and required no adjustments.

So, two days and two rides.

One: Got it together in time to ride it in our Thursday Night Grand Prix, a ride for which this bike was made: fast, fast, fast with no rest at all. Picked up two tenths on my average MPH, which is good, but not so dramatic that I'd attribute it all to the Canyon. Carved the corners nicely, even with the Continental 28's (soon to be replaced by Vittoria Corsa Graphene 25's), freehub is on the loud side. Got to get used to the shift points on the 52/36 crankset, not a combination I'm used to.

Two: What my daughter calls 'Dad's Training Ride', but what the locals refer to as 'The O Loop'. 32 miles from Burke down Rt. 123 to Occoquan Regional Park, with a steep descent into the park itself and of course the same way out, which is a pretty decent interval hill. Rode this with my buddy Gary, who's 40 pounds lighter and rides a Project One. One of those people you love to hate sometimes as they disappear in the distance. In other words, not a easy ride. Now getting used to the shift points, we were pretty quick...in fact, faster than I've ridden that route in some time, and I do it several times a week. Really like the modulation from the disc brakes.

So, two rides, two days, two data points, both good. You'll probably note in the picture that I'm slammed the stem in order to get my regular fit. It feels right, but I should probably do a professional fit session to tidy things up.

Thanks for the report.

Also interested.