Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-08-2024, 07:57 AM

Cycling jerseys on Amazon?

Does anyone have any good or bad luck with inexpensive cycling jerseys from Amazon?
I have good shorts.
I don't really care about brand names, I don't do group rides or pose at the coffee shop.
My jerseys are all hanging off of me since I have lost weight from running and new high end jerseys are just crazy expensive in my opinion.
I have had mixed luck with off brand outdoors stuff on Amazon. Some of it is really really good for the price, though.

Any specific jerseys (long and short sleeve) that are great or steer clear?

Thanks!
Spring is sproinging!
Old 03-08-2024, 08:18 AM

I’ve never found a cheap jersey I like and have no concerns about impressing others; simply wanting high quality long lasting functional clothing. The lowest I’ve been able to go is rapha pro training jerseys that can often be found on sale for about 40% off.

Hopefully someone will show one that isn’t a basic 3 pocket jersey with a poor cut and tight/short elastic band arms.
Old 03-08-2024, 08:32 AM

The Amazon cheapies I have bought generally fit insanely small (had to go up at least 2 sizes), and I never found them to breath very well. But if it's not crazy hot, they perform fine.
Old 03-08-2024, 08:33 AM

I've not had much luck with Amazon (ore AliExpress) jerseys. I've tried 1 or 2 from Amazon and another 3 or so from AliExpress.

I usually get mine from SportPursuit. The downsides of SP are that you really need to know your sizing and compare it to each of the size charts for every individual brand, since there isn't really a return process (at least for US customers). The shipping is also usually slow (1 month or more) and you have to make an account to see anything.

Currently for example, they have jerseys from brands like Pearl Izumi, Sportful, Gore, Cube, Santini, Louis Garneau, etc (Assos if you're an XS or S) for less than $30.

I've had success with clothing from one of the brands they own, Rivelo, but would caution you away from the Altura brand if you choose to look into it further.
Old 03-08-2024, 08:54 AM

I've bought a few on Amazon, and generally been happy with them. Be sure to check the size chart and the comments, because you can't expect the listed sizes to mean anything. If there is no chart and no comments, be sure it's "Prime" so you can return it easily.

I've started picking up new-old-stock brand-name jerseys on eBay instead. The sizes tend to be more predictable, and the quality better. Plus there's the satisfaction of scoring a $120 Pearl Izumi jersey, with tags, for $25.
Old 03-08-2024, 09:01 AM

I think you are best off going with something like TheBlackBibs or NeoPro cycling. Can be alot of hit or miss on Amazon and Ali.
Old 03-08-2024, 09:08 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaSS View Post
I think you are best off going with something like TheBlackBibs or NeoPro cycling. Can be alot of hit or miss on Amazon and Ali.
I came in to say this. You dont need high end jerseys, but buy from a real company and not Amazon, so you know what you're getting.
Old 03-08-2024, 09:11 AM

Another suggestion is to look at Primal Wear, their quality is really good, and they run some good sales, you can pick up some jerseys for $30 or so if you scan the sales.
Old 03-08-2024, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
I came in to say this. You dont need high end jerseys, but buy from a real company and not Amazon, so you know what you're getting.
Endorse this.
Old 03-08-2024, 09:28 AM

Quote:
This. I have a pair of Black Bibs bottoms and they're good for the price. If I didn't have a stack of shop team jerseys and Rapha stuff that was gifted to me, I'd give their jerseys a shot.
Old 03-08-2024, 09:41 AM

The starlight/black bibs jerseys are very nice for the price.
Old 03-08-2024, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Thanks I had never heard of black bibs. Jerseys look great 👍. Sizing normal?
Old 03-08-2024, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh_on_the_cape View Post
Thanks I had never heard of black bibs. Jerseys look great 👍. Sizing normal?
Their bibs are normal sizing (not quite euro pro fit, but consistent - I wear a small in most brands and do for their bibs). From what I've heard, the jerseys are similar, and they have race and club fit options.
Old 03-08-2024, 10:22 AM
Back At It!

I bought this a couple years ago when, after a move, our stuff was taking forever to get here.. it's not bad at all IMHO.. comparing it to my other "like" jerseys from PI, can't say I feel much difference.. for sizing, I'd say pretty close to normal, maybe size up one on these unless you are 15% BF.. FWIW- when buying on Amazon, I always buy from a "Prime" vendor and have never really been disappointed.. not sure how much truth there is to it, but I feel like the "Prime" vendors are usually just a little better.. and I think returns are easier, if needed..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited by fourflys; 03-08-2024 at 10:28 AM.
Old 03-08-2024, 10:30 AM
Back At It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
Their bibs are normal sizing (not quite euro pro fit, but consistent - I wear a small in most brands and do for their bibs). From what I've heard, the jerseys are similar, and they have race and club fit options.
I too like The Black Bibs, but I will say, for me, they don't quite compare my Giordana bibs.. but I'm also comparing the base Black Bibs to the higher Giordanas, so maybe not fair..