Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-10-2017, 09:43 AM
Category VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsnob View Post
Yes, they are VERY compressive ... So much so that when I ordered mine I had to "upsize" - in Assos I'm a Medium. With the Q, I HAD to go to a Large. Maybe it's an Italian thing but I have found that most "Made in Italy" bibs need to be upsized. Same thing with Italian shoes .. NO such thing as Wide (ee/eee) when it comes to Italian manufactured shoes!
Well I'm bringing them out west next week. Hope they don't cut off circulation!
Old 03-11-2017, 02:13 PM

I usually wear Rapha Classics (L) and I have a couple Assos S5 (L) and and S2 (L) that I also put into the rotation. I am curious about the Miles Q36.5 because of the price point, but is the real difference in fit and performance in the Dottore and Essential model bibs?
Old 03-11-2017, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalheart View Post
I usually wear Rapha Classics (L) and I have a couple Assos S5 (L) and and S2 (L) that I also put into the rotation. I am curious about the Miles Q36.5 because of the price point, but is the real difference in fit and performance in the Dottore and Essential model bibs?
I own all three styles, Miles will have a similar feel to the Assos. The Dottore and L1 are made from a different material and feel lite and disappear a little better
( if that makes sense) all have good compression and would have to say that I wear the Miles as much as the others. Swinnerton have these on sale at times so keep an eye out.
Old 03-11-2017, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by booglebug View Post
i own all three styles, miles will have a similar feel to the assos. The dottore and l1 are made from a different material and feel lite and disappear a little better
( if that makes sense) all have good compression and would have to say that i wear the miles as much as the others. Swinnerton have these on sale at times so keep an eye out.
thanks
Old 03-16-2017, 12:36 PM
Category VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor_walker View Post
So I took the plunge on two Q36.5 bibs: L1 Essential and Dottore. I like the the fit and compression a lot. Fabrics are clearly different than most Lycra based bibs I have, including Assos. However, I am experiencing a lot of noise when in the saddle on various bikes with the Q36.5 Essential and Dottore bibs -- like every pedal stroke there is noise which seems to be the result of friction or tension between the fabrics and the various saddles. Really annoying for me and anybody I am riding with! When I use bibs other than the Q36.5 on the same bikes and saddles, no noise. Anybody else experiencing this with Q36.5 Essential and Dottore?

Taylor
SF CA

First ride done and bibs were silent. 70km through San Marcos so many options for varying terrain. Bibs heald up super - thanks for bringing them to my attention!
Old 03-18-2017, 03:54 PM

A couple of rides on the Dottore. First the good: they are comfy, good fit, good compression, no noise on my set up. The bad: hate the straps, they bunch up and start digging on my shoulders. Maybe I need to get them just right, but so far I have tried unsuccessfully to do that.

Comparison-wise to Assos as they were mentioned before: The pads are just as good as the S7 Assos pad. Compression is a bit more than that of the Equipe, but not by much. The Campionissimo have way more compression than the Dottore.

So my personal opinion, at the prices you can get the Equipe for, that'd be my choice. If you can get your hands on a pair of Campionissimo on close out (in my experience ranging from $180-200 at time), then that is really a no-brainer for me, at least.

Also interestingly, our own Rodolfo's bibs are more compressive than the pair of Dottore bibs that I have, in my experience. Of course personal fit and all that, YMMV...

Punch line, iMHO, good product, however, similar or better choices out there at same or better prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2017, 12:16 PM

Q36.5 Bibs: Emperor's New Clothes?

I'm also liking other Q36.5 items: toe warmers, leg warmers & iphone case.
Keeping me very comfortable on today's chilly ride. The leg warmers extend way up and stay in place nicely. The iphone case closely fits an iphone 6 with a bumper case.

Instagram
Old 03-20-2017, 12:17 PM

I am trying the zero gloves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2017, 01:04 PM

Thinking about the arm and knee warmers. Any reviews??
Old 03-20-2017, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duende View Post
Thinking about the arm and knee warmers. Any reviews??
I have the knee warmers as well. Still too cold to use them here, but they have the same high-rise fit as the leg warmers so i expect they'll stay in place nicely. The material is the same as the leg warmer...they should be very comfortable when it's chilly.

Instagram
Old 03-20-2017, 02:00 PM

The arm and leg warmers are the jam. Ergonomically shaped and all that jazz.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:39 PM

Thanks for the advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
The arm and leg warmers are the jam. Ergonomically shaped and all that jazz.
Which ones do you recommend? The Sun & Air or the Pre-Shaped?
Old 03-20-2017, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky33 View Post
I have the knee warmers as well. Still too cold to use them here, but they have the same high-rise fit as the leg warmers so i expect they'll stay in place nicely. The material is the same as the leg warmer...they should be very comfortable when it's chilly.
Yep. Knee warmers are the best shaped for me I've ever had. They don't slip on me. The Intimo 2 base layer is also my favorite. Everything is well thought out. I don't expect to dislike anything.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duende View Post
Thanks for the advice!

Which ones do you recommend? The Sun & Air or the Pre-Shaped?
I go pre-shaped. I don't use the SPF blocker ones at all because they're not meant to insulate, and I've resigned myself to death by skin cancer.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
I go pre-shaped. I don't use the SPF blocker ones at all because they're not meant to insulate, and I've resigned myself to death by skin cancer.
Ha! On that note, having just turned 50... Ive now taken up wearing sun screen for the first time ever. What a PITA!

Necessary though... sun spots started appearing out of nowhere this year!