Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-25-2016, 10:14 AM

The judge has granted approval. Buy backs to begin mid Nov.
Old 10-25-2016, 11:52 AM

Getting a check or deposit is still a ways off though. As I understand it, you have to submit a claim on the claims site, clean up any issues to get it approved, then they mail you an offer, which has to be signed, notarized, and sent back. At this point VW has 90 days to schedule a buyback appointment with you.

My steering rack is really a mess. I'm going to try and convince Mrs. Shovel that I need to replace it sooner rather than later.
Old 10-25-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv_vt View Post
On a related note, am disappointed to learn that the 4Motion wagon (not Alltrack) with the manual transmission is only available in the S level trim. Meaning cheap-sh-t seats and not heated either.
AFAIK the 'S' has the same seats as my '13 Golf tdi. Yes, perhaps less attractive cloth pattern, but same design... and heated.
Old 10-25-2016, 12:57 PM

i'd be more concerned about overall seat adjustability

My Limited GSW has leatherette seats with heat, manual fore and aft, manual lumbar, and power back angle. I have found it tricky to dial it in for ultimate comfort. Kinda like a Brooks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thwart View Post
AFAIK the 'S' has the same seats as my '13 Golf tdi. Yes, perhaps less attractive cloth pattern, but same design... and heated.
Old 10-25-2016, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddief View Post
My Limited GSW has leatherette seats with heat, manual fore and aft, manual lumbar, and power back angle. I have found it tricky to dial it in for ultimate comfort. Kinda like a Brooks.
We have one car with the pleather seats, another with cloth. I much prefer the cloth ones, except for making messes, like a baby getting sick or whatever.

Fortunately except for a couple pumps of the vertical adjustment the Missus and I basically share the same seat position - angle, fore/aft. She likes the lumbar support, I don't. Mirror adjustments, that's another story.
Old 10-25-2016, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelhd View Post
My steering rack is really a mess. I'm going to try and convince Mrs. Shovel that I need to replace it sooner rather than later.
All the best with that.

Reminds me we can upload documents now (I clicked through that to get to the second car - poorly designed interface). I have to do that shortly.
Old 10-25-2016, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv_vt View Post
I'm still waiting to hear from VW. Nothing in the mail, nothing in emails. Have submitted all the docs, so just waiting now.

On a related note, am disappointed to learn that the 4Motion wagon (not Alltrack) with the manual transmission is only available in the S level trim. Meaning cheap-sh-t seats and not heated either. So may nix the idea of getting one of those. Think the Alltrack will come with manual on all three trim levels, but who knows. Will have to wait til spring and see what VW rolls out.

What I really want is a GTI wagon with a stick. Come on, how hard can that be? All the ingredients are already in the factory.
I think you're wrong about no heated seats on the 4Motion S - at least, according to the order guide that was posted a few weeks ago on the VW Vortex. The FWD Sportwagen S does not have heated seats, but the 4Motion does.
Old 10-25-2016, 04:50 PM

I uploaded my docs over a month ago, still waiting. I'll be home all day tomorrow so I'll get in the 2+ hour phone queue to see what's up. Worst case I'll try and have the Ambassador check on Thursday.
Old 10-25-2016, 04:58 PM

Quote:
I uploaded my docs over a month ago, still waiting. I'll be home all day tomorrow so I'll get in the 2+ hour phone queue to see what's up. Worst case I'll try and have the Ambassador check on Thursday.
I did it the weekend they started accepting them and got notice that they were approved last Monday.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:42 AM

I spent some time on the claims line this morning. Turns out they could not read my drivers license, but I was never notified. They should have done that on 10/6. They reset my account so that I could upload fresh scans again. You'd have to be legally blind not to be able to read them, even the fine print. My original return date was 11/1, now it's 12/15. No fault of mine. They are going to try and expedite it but this is VW, and this blows.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:51 AM
ergottWheels

Quote:
I spent some time on the claims line this morning. Turns out they could not read my drivers license, but I was never notified. They should have done that on 10/6. They reset my account so that I could upload fresh scans again. You'd have to be legally blind not to be able to read them, even the fine print. My original return date was 11/1, now it's 12/15. No fault of mine. They are going to try and expedite it but this is VW, and this blows.
Tomorrow is 20 business days for me. I really hope I don't have the same problem. I will be happy to let them know that I have a deposit down on another VW and will walk away if I have to reset the process.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:54 AM

Where in the claims portal do you see an anticipated return date? From where are you getting the dates of 11/1 and 12/15?
Old 10-26-2016, 09:20 AM

It took them about three weeks to review and approve my docs. I don't have a return date though...where did you receive that, the portal?

On a related note I spent my $500 loyalty card on a new Parlee fork for my DeSalvo yesterday.
Old 10-26-2016, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppaWheelie View Post
It took them about three weeks to review and approve my docs. I don't have a return date though...where did you receive that, the portal?

On a related note I spent my $500 loyalty card on a new Parlee fork for my DeSalvo yesterday.
It should be noted that any return date quoted by VW is still a placeholder. Don't think anyone really expects to be able to turn in their vehicle on 11/1. As to where the return date originated, I you were able to select a date when you first registered on the portal. By default, the portal gave you the "first available date" (which in the beginning was 11/1) but you had the option of "choosing" a later date. Suspect that as the slots got allocated, the "first available" date got moved out for those who have registered at a later date.

I wouldn't put much (if any) credence into what the VW or their portal claims as a buy back date. Everyone is (patiently) waiting for their buy back offer..
Old 10-26-2016, 12:24 PM
ergottWheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergott View Post
Tomorrow is 20 business days for me. I really hope I don't have the same problem. I will be happy to let them know that I have a deposit down on another VW and will walk away if I have to reset the process.
Just got an email stating that my load document wasn't signed (I signed it digitally). I did an ink signature on it, scanned it and sent it back. Hope this doesn't delay me by much.

Tags
autoscam, boring threads