Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-14-2010, 11:35 PM
gud speler

* where do you live: San Francisco, CA
* explanation of your handle: err...
* explanation of your avatar: Seanelli
* age (general or specific): 35
* occupation: Art Director- Advertising, Freelance Graphic Designer on the side (don't tell my boss)
* favorite bike: '89 3 Rensho Katana, full Superbe Pro
* what's in your stable?: 3 Rensho Katana road, 3 Rensho Track, Litspeed something or another with 11sp Record, '72 Taylor Curved tube, okay, this is getting embarrassing, I'll just stop there.

Other stuff: First child on the way, 6 weeks to go and counting. Little girl. I was in the Jets (musical group) comeback video. I recently got to hang out with "Cutty" from the Wire in an LAX lounge waiting for a flight.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:58 PM

* where do you live? I go to school in Berkeley, so I'm there most of the time. I make it back to my hometown of Goleta/Santa Barbara from time to time.
* explanation of your handle: It's my name.
* explanation of your avatar: I like robots.
* age (general or specific): Lets put it this way: The last race I did I was asked if I was doing the Junior's race also and one of my teammates jokes that I'm the "youth development program." I'm 19.
* favorite bike: considering I only have one complete bike right now, it'd have to be my steelman. We'll see how that compares to the prince I'm about to get!
* what's in your stable? steelman w/ 2010 force. 2009 pinarello prince with sram red/7900 split (waiting for the frame to come in the mail), cervelo soloist carbon w/ sram red/7900 split (just sold to my friend, but he hasn't technically gotten it yet so...).
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? no idea. I didn't start actually riding with anything more than a heart-rate monitor until very recently. my guess is the fastest was either bombing s park or centennial in the berkeley hills or somewhere along the 1 near pacifica.
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? I train based on time not miles so no idea... in terms of hours 10-15 a week depending on what part of the season it is.
* picture of yourself or your ride? Third to the right... with raybans
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told: I honestly don't know. I am a very honest person.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:07 PM

* real name, if you like Jason
* where do you live? Seattle, WA
* age (general or specific) 32
* occupation Structural Aerospace Engineer
* favorite bike CDA with Chorus 11 and Neutrons
* what's in your stable? CDA, Jake the Snake, Ti Commuter
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 52mph Mt. Saint Helens 2010
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? ~7.5K
* make up and answer at least one additional question. Ascend or Descend? Descending is a blast, but I really love making people suffer (and suffering myself) on the Ascent.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told I'm related to Jason Statham's. Not really a lie, just being a smart ass when asked if we are related, apparently I look like him, I don't see it though.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:15 AM

* where do you live? I go to university at UBC in Vancouver, but I spend summers being a biker bum in Olympia, WA. I also spent some time in Scottsdale AZ for an exchange program last year and definitely plan to go back after I am done with school!
* explanation of your handle: umm parts of my first and last name. . .I am pretty boring like that
* age (general or specific): 22, wish I was still a junior racer though
* favorite bike: Will have to be the bike I just crashed in a crit and broke the top tube of (as well as my knee ), which is a 08 lapierre hm x-lite. Fallen in love with lapierres though so if anyone has a newish lapierre carbon frame hit me up
* what's in your stable? broken lapierre hm x-lite frame , a bianchi 928 t-cube that I have to build up, and a norco diabolique tt bike.
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? oh jeese, no idea. Probably around 80 km/h
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? I also train by hours and not by miles, and I am too lazy to count up the hours. But I usually do anywhere from 10-20 hours a week depending on the time of the season.
*weakness as a rider? Any form or shape of a TT and I will definitely be loosing minutes. Therefore I am a pretty poor stage racer unfortunately.
*strengths as a rider? I can climb pretty decently thanks to low kg, and I can recover well between efforts.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:33 AM

* real name - Daniel
* where do you live? - Knoxville TN
* explanation of your handle - I screwed up and used my (too long) email address when I registered and then figured, I'll just leave it.
* explanation of your avatar - none
* age (general or specific) - 42
* occupation - Photographer/Web Guy for ORNL
* favorite bike - IF Crown Jewel
* what's in your stable? - IF (2), Cervelo, Merckx, Mercian, Mooney, Merlin, Bianchi (2), Co-Motion, Surly, Raleigh, Lemond (2), Stricker
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? - 60mph Colorado
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? - ~10,000
Old 09-02-2010, 11:10 PM

I'm pretty new to all of this

* real name, if you like - Geoffrey
* where do you live? San Francisco, CA
* explanation of your handle - high school era favorite color, favorite band, favorite number
* explanation of your avatar - I don't think I have an avatar. Yet.
* age (general or specific) - 24, going on 25
* occupation - bicycle mechanic part time, student full time
* favorite bike - I guess I sort of like 'em all
* what's in your stable? - '77 Bob Jackson Nuovo Olympiad, '81 Bianchi Trofeo, '99 IF Steel Deluxe, '08 (original year unknown) mystery track frame rebuilt by Bernie Mikkelsen
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? - 52, descending Clipper Street in San Francisco, a couple of years back
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? - A lot, but I don't keep track.
* picture of yourself or your ride? http://www.flickr.com/photos/1114274...offreycolburn/
Old 09-07-2010, 05:32 AM

Allen in Raleigh NC

* where do you live? Raleigh, NC
* explanation of your handle First three letters of my three daughters' names
* age (general or specific) 50+
* favorite bike Serotta Ottrott
* what's in your stable? Ottrott (on order); S-Works FSR
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 53, Blue Ridge Parkway heading south toward Asheville NC; 2007
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? N/A didn't ride the road for last two years
* wife and I bike together -- she's getting an Ottrott too!
Old 09-07-2010, 04:00 PM
cnighbor2

who are you

I am me.
I double check and go look in the mirror!
Yes that is me
Thanks for asking!!
Me
Old 09-17-2010, 12:59 PM

* where do you live? San Diego, CA
* explanation of your handle: Diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure a couple years back. Structural defect corrected with surgery and I'm better than new.
* age (general or specific) 32
* favorite bike: Pinarello Prince, I lust after a Peg BLE
* what's in your stable? Prince (up for sale), BMC Road Racer
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 48, back of Poway grade, 2009
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? about 2,000
Old 09-17-2010, 08:32 PM

* where do you live? New York, ny
* explanation of your handle: initials and last name (not creative, I know)
* age (general or specific) 27
* favorite ride: river road
* what's in your stable? Felt f4 sl (recently sold), surly pacer (first custom build up, obsessed now)
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 45 river road
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? about 2,000
Old 09-18-2010, 01:59 AM
uriani

* real nam- Uri
* where do you live? SF, CA
* explanation of your handle- not good reason
* explanation of your avatar- none yet
* age (general or specific) 35
* occupation- Bike Shop Manager, Pedal Revolution
* favorite bike- (Currently) my new Stevens Cross Team
* what's in your stable? Stevens Cross, Fuji Cross Pro SS, Carver Ti 650b SS MTB, Generic Ebay Carbon Hardtail MTB, Intense Spider Full Suspension MTB, Generic Ebay Carbon Road, Waterford 1100 Road, Waterford 1400 Track, Primus Mootry Alu Track, Ross Signature Fixed Basket bike, Mikkelsen Townie/Touring
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 54, Wyoming somewhere while working as mechanic on cross country tour
* how many miles ON THE ROAD last year? 3000ish
* how many miles OFF ROAD last year? 3000ish
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told- I'm not an addict
* and, something fun. Finally getting out shop team kits! Look out for the Chica.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bicigir...7624842338351/

Last edited by uriani; 09-18-2010 at 02:14 AM.
Old 09-18-2010, 08:02 PM

* real name - Ron
* where do you live? - Grapevine, TX (Fort Worth suburb)
* explanation of your handle - Always loved VW GTI - will own another before I retire
* explanation of your avatar - none
* age (general or specific) - 52
* occupation - Electrical engr manager
* favorite bike - Serotta Legend Ti (sold to neighbor)
* what's in your stable? - Trek Madone 4.5, 5.5, Cannondale R600, Cannondale F500
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? - 48mph Colorado - chickened out during Ride the Rockies when others were hitting 50+ on same descent
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? - 4000+
Old 09-18-2010, 09:48 PM

* real name - Joe
* where do you live? - Charlotte, NC.
* explanation of your handle - Combines two of my interests, the superhero The Flash, and the University of North Carolina. Yes, I am a geek.
* explanation of your avatar - Haven't posted one yet.
* age (general or specific) - 29
* occupation - Professional scribbler
* favorite bike - Torn between a Trek 5200 and a Serotta 753 Somethingorother. Serotta is a recent acquisition, but very deep into the honeymoon phase with it. The Trek's like a good marriage. We've had our ups and downs, but highs far outweigh the lows, I know all its quirks, and the sight of it brings back so many fond memories.
* what's in your stable? - Trek 5200, Bianchi Pista, Serotta Somethingorother, Redline Conquest Team.
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? - 58 mph in the June 1998. Down the descent of Pilot Mtn in Western N.C. I was young and stupid, and refuse to ever get close to that again. Though that'll be a bit tough for me to gauge since I've taken the computer of all my bikes. (Generally hate the things after I realized I'd become a slave to the numbers.)
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? - 2,000, give or take. Last year was a rough year. Lots of work cut down the mileage pretty heavily.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? - 58 mph in the June 1998. Down the descent of Pilot Mtn in Western N.C. I was young and stupid, and refuse to ever get close to that again. Though that'll be a bit tough for me to gauge since I've taken the computer of all my bikes. (Generally hate the things after I realized I'd become a slave to the numbers.)
you and me both! i feel liberated since i got rid of mine.
welcome to the forums!
Old 09-23-2010, 06:32 PM

* where do you live? Orlando FL
* age (general or specific) 59
* favorite bike: The one I happen to be riding
* what's in your stable? 3xBaylis; 2xSpectrum; 2xRedcay; Rivendell; 3xColumbine; Confente; Trek Madone SL; Specialized custom painted
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 60, N.Mexico, 1992