Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Administrator

Interesting stuff from Steelman

Just got an email from Brent Steelman (as did everyone else who is one their email list) and thought I'd share this here. What is interesting is that the demand for lugged steel frames is higher than what used to be his bread and butter tig welded ones. Check out the link to his frame page...some nice looking stuff.

Quote:
Katryn and I would like to wish all of you the very best for 2010! It is hard to believe a new decade is upon us.

A big THANK YOU! goes out to all our customers past, present, and future. Without your support we would not be building bikes. We do not take for granted the opportunity that every client gives us to apply our craft. It is a pleasure working with each of you to create that perfect bicycle.

There was some belt tightening in 2009, but we built some very cool bikes (many of these have yet to be seen on our website). Steel as a frame building material continues to gain acceptance once again as carbon and titanium have matured in the market. The finer points of the metalcraft are certainly in demand with lugged frame orders eclipsing tig welded. The current passionate atmosphere brings me right back to cycling in the late seventies and early eighties. There are more and more people getting on bikes to commute, race, or simply ride for health and enjoyment.

We have two important projects to announce! The first has been percolating for the past three years: the Steelman 25th Anniversary Special Edition. I will build a total of 25 very special custom lugged frames with a level of artistry and attention to detail fitting of such a commemoration. There are currently seventeen left available. Please call or email for detailed information on the 25th Anniversary Special Edition.

The second project, the Steelman LE-10 (Limited Edition 2010), has been in the works the past four months. This is a numbered run of thirty lugged road frames in eight stock sizes. The first two 55cm sample frames are working their way through Joe Bell's paint shop right now. The LE-10 has a unique set of lugs, paint, and graphics exclusive to the model. The price tag is reasonable and delivery will be within four months of deposits.

To check out more on both the 25th Anniversary and the LE-10 please visit our website and click on the frames link . Thanks again for your interest in the artistry and craft of the steel bicycle frame and best wishes for the new decade.

Tailwinds
Brent & Katryn Steelman