Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-16-2014, 10:51 AM
The B!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp43 View Post
I think that it wasn't a matter of how seriously the police took it, it was a matter of what they were legally allowed to do about it. Prior to this incident, driving without a license was not an arrestable offense. So, the police didn't have the option of doing anything other than letting someone else drive her away. The last paragraph of the article indicates that they have changed that law, and police are now able to arrest someone driving without a license.

Chris
I don't know for a fact, but based on how it generally works elsewhere, I strongly suspect the officer could have impounded her vehicle. apparently chose to take pity and allow someone to come get her vehicle- which put her right back behind the wheel probably within minutes of leaving the scene.

I try not to MMQB, but I don't think its a stretch to think an officer could have been swayed by a manipulative 20 year old girl with a sob story, especially if she had herself all prettied up. It happens.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B View Post
I don't know for a fact, but based on how it generally works elsewhere, I strongly suspect the officer could have impounded her vehicle. apparently chose to take pity and allow someone to come get her vehicle- which put her right back behind the wheel probably within minutes of leaving the scene.

I try not to MMQB, but I don't think its a stretch to think an officer could have been swayed by a manipulative 20 year old girl with a sob story, especially if she had herself all prettied up. It happens.
1. I remember seeing the pics of her at the time of the (2nd, and lethal) accident. She did not look too pretty at that time.
2. MMQB? Nevermind.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:17 PM

The police could have impounded the car, the owner let a person take it without a license. Or did I miss that part....never mind, just caught up on the thread...
Old 12-17-2014, 05:14 PM
Post Mod-ern

I'm assuming . . .

. . . this is her cop mug shot right after it happened.

BBD
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 23517997_SA.jpg (61.7 KB, 35 views)
A thing of beauty is a joy forever--Keats