Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-15-2024, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrisond View Post
Has anyone seen a maximum air pressure/weight limit for the fork?
250lb/250PSI per the spec page
Old 04-15-2024, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrisond View Post
Has anyone seen a maximum air pressure/weight limit for the fork?
From the specs:
Quote:
Rider Weight Limit/Max PSI
250 lbs / 250 psi
Old 04-15-2024, 09:32 AM
Meh

Hey Spoon? What’s your problem? Honestly?

And I’m out and off this board for awhile again.
Old 04-15-2024, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB View Post
Hey Spoon? What’s your problem? Honestly?

And I’m out and off this board for awhile again.
Why are you offended that I asked what gravel fork(s) you've ridden?

Does it wound your pride so severely to say "I haven't ridden any" or "I rode X and it sucked"?

Questions aren't personal attacks and you don't need to stomp off every time someone asks to clarify why you hold the opinion that you do on a given topic.
Old 04-15-2024, 09:55 AM

I like it
Old 04-15-2024, 09:56 AM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonrobot View Post
Why are you offended that I asked what gravel fork(s) you've ridden?

Does it wound your pride so severely to say "I haven't ridden any" or "I rode X and it sucked"?

Questions aren't personal attacks and you don't need to stomp off every time someone asks to clarify why you hold the opinion that you do on a given topic.
You responded with a flurry of aggressive messages, including images. You clearly are heavily invested in proving that I am “wrong.” In previous encounters, you have resurrected months old threads (the one on Legion) to send me disgusting images as a perceived “own” for some idle half-serious comment that I made. Generally I avoid any thread that you’re involved in because you seem to have some personal vendetta against me and so I don’t find it helpful to respond to you in any substantive fashion.
Old 04-15-2024, 09:58 AM
Sunshine

Quote:
If your gravel looks like this, a suspension fork probably isn't going to be for you:

If there's miles and miles of this (and rougher), a suspension fork might be something to consider:
Exactly.
With such a wide range of bike designs, individual physical ability/limitation, and terrains ridden, a quality 40mm suspension fork might be a godsend to someone.
2 people riding the same terrain might want different equipment.
2 people riding different terrain might want different equipment.
Old 04-15-2024, 10:00 AM

Quote:
You responded with a flurry of aggressive messages, including images. You clearly are heavily invested in proving that I am “wrong.” In previous encounters, you have resurrected months old threads (the one on Legion) to send me disgusting images as a perceived “own” for some idle half-serious comment that I made. Generally I avoid any thread that you’re involved in because you seem to have some personal vendetta against me and so I don’t find it helpful to respond to you in any substantive fashion.
I think there is a culture difference and you are reading a tone that is not present.

Besides, it was one image and wasn't even a real crow.
Old 04-15-2024, 10:03 AM
Meh

Quote:
I think there is a culture difference and you are reading a tone that is not present.

Besides, it was one image and wasn't even a real crow.
It disgusted me - I would call that a difference in values, not culture. And you clearly were intent on proving me wrong, enough to dig something up that I literally didn’t remember and had spent about 2 minutes thinking about. This board is usually a nice distraction during a hectic day - I don’t need it to be another source of stress. So hence - I avoid you.
Old 04-15-2024, 10:05 AM
Sunshine

Quote:
I am clearly not spoon, and am not speaking to for spoon, but I read your first post and disagreed with it as it is far too rigid(get it?).
Your post is clearly speaking for all(based on saying it was learned decades ago, presumably by the industry) when you flat out declare 40mm of travel is not enough to be useful.

As I posted earlier, I am not interested in the fork based on where and how I ride, but I do recognize it could be of interest and value to others based on where and how they ride.

I think spoon was pointing out in his response to you that if an elite rider uses the tech, it may be beneficial to some others in certain instances.

Quote:
40mm of damped air sprung travel is just not enough to be useful. There are physical limits here. All of this has been learned decades ago.
Old 04-15-2024, 10:07 AM

Quote:
If your gravel looks like this, a suspension fork probably isn't going to be for you:[/IMG]

If there's miles and miles of this (and rougher), a suspension fork might be something to consider:
Deleted images for brevity...

I ride trails like that regularly on a vintage LiteSpeed Blue Ridge with a 1" Alpha Q 'cross fork. Redshift stem, 40mm Panaracer gravel tires, tubeless.

As long as I'm not in too much of a hurry, my setup is perfect for the terrain in both photos. I'll slow down to pick my way around the big bumps...if they are frequent, I'd be questioning my choice of bike rather than fork.
Hot Tubes
LiteSpeed
SpeshFatboy
Old 04-15-2024, 10:09 AM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstateglfr View Post
I am clearly not spoon, and am not speaking to for spoon, but I read your first post and disagreed with it as it is far too rigid(get it?).
Your post is clearly speaking for all(based on saying it was learned decades ago, presumably by the industry) when you flat out declare 40mm of travel is not enough to be useful.

As I posted earlier, I am not interested in the fork based on where and how I ride, but I do recognize it could be of interest and value to others based on where and how they ride.

I think spoon was pointing out in his response to you that if an elite rider uses the tech, it may be beneficial to some others in certain instances.
I have a history with him that precludes me from responding. Read above if you’re interested.

Sponsored riders using equipment isn’t evidence for anything but a sponsorship.
Old 04-15-2024, 10:11 AM

My gravel bike has a steel unicrown fork and a 44mm front tire. I ride on dirt roads in the desert and some single track. Sometimes I long for some suspension, especially on the washboard sections, but my bike (Coconino) has a straight steerer.
Old 04-15-2024, 10:13 AM

Quote:
It disgusted me - I would call that a difference in values, not culture. And you clearly were intent on proving me wrong, enough to dig something up that I literally didn’t remember and had spent about 2 minutes thinking about. This board is usually a nice distraction during a hectic day - I don’t need it to be another source of stress. So hence - I avoid you.
I don't think it's a big deal to reply to something 2 weeks and 11 posts later, after someone bumped the thread when updated news came out. I took your half-serious comment as a joke and made a joke in response, it wasn't meant to be something that was going to bother you four months later.

If it bothered you so much, perhaps getting in your own cutting rejoinder before the lock was a poor choice?
Old 04-15-2024, 10:17 AM

gosh darn it I really do not like marketing garbage talk.

I wonder how torsional rigidity will be, seems like that is the main problem with inverted designs. The axle is the only thing keeping the two sides pointed in the same direction.

Would have been cool if they used a big axle like the maverick fork.

Oh well, could be nice I guess.

Last edited by bicycletricycle; 04-15-2024 at 10:25 AM.