Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-15-2015, 08:48 AM

I've got three cases of grapefruit sculpin, so yeah I like it.

Just tried habanero sculpin and I like it as well it does leave a little heat on the tongue. My wife loves the grapefruit however she hates the habanero.

If you like the grapefruit sculpin try Deschutes fresh squeezed if you can find it very tasty, from Portland I think
Old 06-15-2015, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Jam's Army View Post
Had two IPA's one new and one old:

Elysian Dayglow IPA (Seattle, WA). Saw this at the store and the first thought to cross my mind was "what the hell do people in Seattle know about making a good IPA?" Apparently, a lot. Outstanding beer.

Bootlegger's Far Out IPA (Fullerton, CA). Very good, as usual.

Also like that Elysian as well as another one other of theirs, the Savant...YMMV
Old 06-15-2015, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolm View Post
I've got three cases of grapefruit sculpin, so yeah I like it.

If you like the grapefruit sculpin try Deschutes fresh squeezed if you can find it very tasty, from Portland I think
THREE cases?! Wow...
The only beer in recent memory that I've bought multiple cases at the same time was Goose Island BCBS. They were just sitting there all lonely in the store so I figured I'd give them a nice home in my beer cellar.

Edited to add: I'm not a hoarder... okay well I am, but I always am sharing all my good stuff with other people by dropping by the local watering hole and offering it for free to share.

Thanks for the tip on the Deshutes, but I don't think they get distributed down here in Florida... good beer does end up everywhere tho!
Old 06-15-2015, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkbaby View Post
THREE cases?! Wow...
The only beer in recent memory that I've bought multiple cases at the same time was Goose Island BCBS. They were just sitting there all lonely in the store so I figured I'd give them a nice home in my beer cellar.

Edited to add: I'm not a hoarder... okay well I am, but I always am sharing all my good stuff with other people by dropping by the local watering hole and offering it for free to share.

Thanks for the tip on the Deshutes, but I don't think they get distributed down here in Florida... good beer does end up everywhere tho!
I normally don't buy that quantity either but we have a couple parties coming up so I'm sure it'll get used up.
We don't get Deschutes here in Alabama either. I found it traveling in Wyoming. I don't think it makes it anywhere in the southeast.
Old 06-15-2015, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkbaby View Post
THREE cases?! Wow...

Hey milkbaby, where in Florida are you from? I'm a beer hoarder too but I've been looking for other beer lovers to share my bottles with. Any chance you're in the Orlando area?
Old 06-21-2015, 09:13 PM

Mrs TR brought this fine libation home for tonight...
and a very fine choice it was, summery golden ale in the Belgian style.
Excellent accompaniment with the steaks,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0975.JPG (45.0 KB, 152 views)
Old 06-22-2015, 12:37 AM

HOP SHOP SERIES 2015 MOSAIC IPA

The menu says "This Hop Shop brew focuses on the new hop variety HBC 369 CV, better known as Mosaic. This daughter of Simcoe is often referred to as the "wonder hop" due to its complex array of flavors and aromas - featuring earthy pine, tropical fruit, citrus and blueberry notes."

My senses say this is very good, so if you spot brew made with this hop variety, I recommend you give it a try.
Old 06-22-2015, 01:09 AM

So, whatcha drinkin?

Not sure if it's the same hop but Founders out of Michigan has a brew called mosaic and it's delicious. Definitely a different hop than what I was used to.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:15 AM

Post-ride Saturday went to the soft opening of the new Alpine tasting room and enjoyed a Nelson that was brewed in Alpine, vice the now widely-available stuff brewed by Green Flash, which is not yet up to snuff, unfortunately. Growler fills and bottles in Alpine are still the original good stuff.

Had a Track 8 from Lost Abbey last night. Delicious quad after a meal.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:16 AM

Malort. Not straight though. Ick.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:55 PM

Bengali IPA from Sixpoint Brewery. 6.5% ABV, great stuff. Not quite as good as Resin, 9% ABV, by the same brewery which is not quite as good as Hi Res, 10.5% ABV, by the same brewery, but all three IPAs are grrrreeaat!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Winchester-20150701-00480.jpg (81.4 KB, 123 views)
Old 07-02-2015, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdwon View Post
Not sure if it's the same hop but Founders out of Michigan has a brew called mosaic and it's delicious. Definitely a different hop than what I was used to.
Yep, Founders Mosaic Promise is a single hop IPA using the same Mosaic hop as the Sunriver Brewing Company's concoction. Interesting that the Founders version comes in at 5.5%, while Sunriver's is 7.5%. I'll take the extra 2%

Either way, that's two votes for brews based on that hop, and drinking it right now, almost 2 weeks into it, I'm just as enthusiastic.
Old 07-02-2015, 05:47 AM

I got turned on to a few beers using Mosaic in the last year, it was new to me at the time, now I don't pass up the chance.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcama5 View Post
Bengali IPA from Sixpoint Brewery. 6.5% ABV, great stuff. Not quite as good as Resin, 9% ABV, by the same brewery which is not quite as good as Hi Res, 10.5% ABV, by the same brewery, but all three IPAs are grrrreeaat!
Quite tasty
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0941.JPG (131.4 KB, 82 views)
Old 07-02-2015, 02:53 PM

We flew into and out of Santa Rosa this week on the way to and from Mendocino, so we made the pilgrimage to Russian River. There was no Blind Pig in bottles, so we had to settle for a six of Pliny. On the way home, we stopped in and had Blind Pig on tap. IMO it's the better of the two, at least in Santa Rosa.