Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-27-2017, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
Lol. Yeah sure.
Ya kno, it's so easy to clown SRAMs that the possibility that the Wolftoofer intended to imply that Red22 will send male users to a "sausage party" is plausible. And being stuck with a bunch of straight dudes in a social situation is comparable to having to ride SRAMs. No pleasure there (when there are more sensual alternatives, regardless of orientation).
Old 03-27-2017, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Imagine a world where any action that shows employees don't treat customers or competitors with respect gets them fired.

Sounds like a company worth doing business with, no?
Exactly! If you think that they are not deserving of your business, don't buy from them.

I just hope people might be more lenient when you cause offense.

Sounds kind of accusations, I'm sorry, I hope people are more lenient when I make a mistake.

Last edited by bicycletricycle; 03-27-2017 at 08:13 PM.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:07 PM

Paceline is my little world for bike and bike lifestyle. It's fair to say this can be important and relevant, especially here, without diminishing other things going on in the world.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:23 PM

I think this is about judgement. The world is what it is. On a corporate level the person responsible for your social media needs to understand the world they live in. Any sentient human being alive today should know this would not be well received. How you perceive it is personal. For me it's a juvenile joke that I choose to ignore, however I've never know persecution over my sexual identity.

Someone will lose their job and I think rightly so. If you don't have better sense than that you should be in another line of work.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicycletricycle View Post
Exactly! If you think that they are not deserving of your business, don't buy from them.

I just hope people might be more lenient when you cause offense.

Sounds kind of accusations, I'm sorry, I hope people are more lenient when I make a mistake.
Assuming their statement is accurate and I have no reason to believe it isn't I would be no more or less likely to buy their stuff. I have some and it's a good product.
This was apparently an idiot employ acting on his own accord using the company image or at least that is the way it's going down. This is way beyond someone making a mistake on a personal level. They tarnished the company image publicly.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
I know exactly what you mean - there's so much more important stuff to worry about. Like, where's the outrage about United Airlines not allowing girls to fly on comp tickets while wearing leggings?
Have you flown United on employee passes? They're very clear about the dress code for anybody using these tickets, and leggings isn't part of it. They're far from the first folks to run into this.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicycletricycle View Post
I am not sure just how "wrong" this post is, definitely tasteless and immature and stupid.

The knee jerk competition to see who can be the most offended that is popular these days can get out of hand pretty quickly.

Some idiot thinks stupid immature images are funny, I know I fit that description sometimes, I assume many other people do as well.

Perspective is all I am saying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNY rider View Post
Bravo.
Yes, agreed.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolm View Post
Assuming their statement is accurate and I have no reason to believe it isn't I would be no more or less likely to buy their stuff. I have some and it's a good product.
This was apparently an idiot employ acting on his own accord using the company image or at least that is the way it's going down. This is way beyond someone making a mistake on a personal level. They tarnished the company image publicly.
Yes, one fool is all it takes.
I hope this does't injure the company, like their products, and they give back to the cycling community.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:36 PM

I wasn't even done being angry about Manual For Speed putting out a podium girls thing on international women's day, now this?!
Old 03-27-2017, 09:53 PM
Old, Fat & Slow

I've seen that meme posted about many many different things over the years.

Where was the outrage when it was posted about BMW motorcycles? Hondas? Pistols? etc etc etc

...or is it just because it's about bicycle stuff that y'all are offended?

Since there's no such thing as bad publicity, Wolftooth should be congratulating their person rather than firing them. We're talking about them again after all

M
Old 03-27-2017, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Well that was stupid.
What he said.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Q: Where are you based?

A: North America, Minnesota, Minneapolis -- you know, the place with all the snow

Q: Where are your products manufactured?

A: All WTC products are made in the USA.
These guys are making good products right here in the USA. Not enough companies can say that, in a world where so many manufacturing jobs are outsourced.

Some dumb ass put a stupid post on their social media. They quickly took down the offensive post and apologized. I see no reason to hang them out to dry for a mistake they quickly corrected.

if your kid does something stupid in high school and makes a scene for the town to see, you dont disown them, you take some appropriate disciplinary action and move on, hoping they learned a lesson, yes?

that;s my opinion. one mistake is not a systemic failure of a company's ethics.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:55 PM
Randomhead

The problem with the internet is that the pile-on can be worse than the original sin. A lot more people have seen that post now than would have if there was no fuss over it. I don't think that's a good thing.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:57 PM

The conversation, from every side and opinion is necessary. It's a male dominated industry, and this post totally sucks for a piece of our community that may already feel put to the side.

In the original post I give them due credit for their quick and continuous apologies. Wolf Tooth make awesome components in the states, sponsor teams, and do good work. But that post was on their public profile, and shouldn't just be ignored. This dialogue is important, every side.

Calling people out is not the same as policing.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:59 PM

The fuss is good if it helps it not happen again. Either by companies checking their posts harder, or cyclists thinking critically by why that post is problematic.