Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-28-2014, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CunegoFan View Post
Isn't that the guy who directed a Star Trek movie where Kirk gets kicked out of Star Fleet Academy and then twenty minutes later is made captain of the fleet's flagship? He does this by employing a technique for promotion that, I am sure, is standard in the U.S. Navy, namely taunting the captain until he loses his cool, at which point the captain will quit and leave the taunter in command of the ship. Evidently there is not a single other person in the average Star Fleet crew who outranks someone who washed out of officer's training.
Suspend reality.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:55 PM
Boeuf Chaîne

If we don't mind turning this into the holiday movie review thread:

Last night I went to see ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1’ with some friends. (Dragged to see it would be more accurate.)

To avoid wasting any more time on this piece of junk, I'll put it simply: This is a terrible movie. Save your time and your money and stay home to clean your daily driver's chain, link by link, including between the plates, with a pipe cleaner, then with Q-tips. That will be more enjoyable and more productive.

Yes, it has some great actors (with Philip Seymour Hoffman #1 on the list) but even they can't redeem it. Senseless boredom most of the time, interrupted by explosions every now and then, and plodding development throughout.
Old 11-28-2014, 08:03 PM

The problem is that many of those books for teenagers simply sucks as a movie, the previous movie was ok, a friend told me that the last one was just bad...

Remember the vampires movies, I would had been the wwarewolf kid I would had killed that stupid b...h at the 1st half an hour and have saved everybody of just bad movies The divergent movie was just awful and I hope the new star wars is good.

Hope the new jurassic park does great.

No more spidermans please...
Old 11-28-2014, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraman6970 View Post
The problem is that many of those books for teenagers simply sucks as a movie, the previous movie was ok, a friend told me that the last one was just bad...

Remember the vampires movies, I would had been the wwarewolf kid I would had killed that stupid b...h at the 1st half an hour and have saved everybody of just bad movies The divergent movie was just awful and I hope the new star wars is good.

Hope the new jurassic park does great.

No more spidermans please...
It was not just the movies. The Twilight books sucked as well. It is amazing that a downright terrible writer can be so successful.

Ditto on the Spiderman thoughts. I have had it with super hero movies. They are little more than CGI cartoons.

I will go see the last Hobbit film even though my opinion of Peter Jackson decreases with every film he makes. How can the CGI in the Hobbit films look so much worse than that in the LoR films?
Old 11-28-2014, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vqdriver View Post
I have the vhs versions somewhere. I think they were the last of the original cuts.
Nope. I've got a 2008 DVD box set of Episodes IV, V and VI that has the originals and the revamped versions.
Old 11-28-2014, 09:35 PM
Boeuf Chaîne

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggieburger View Post
My inner nerd is SOOOO pumped, even though it's still a year away.
Didn't take long for the parodies to come out.

Top = trailer lightsaber

Bottom = some Trekkie with time on his hands.

Old 11-29-2014, 06:07 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Isn't that the guy who directed a Star Trek movie where Kirk gets kicked out of Star Fleet Academy and then twenty minutes later is made captain of the fleet's flagship? He does this by employing a technique for promotion that, I am sure, is standard in the U.S. Navy, namely taunting the captain until he loses his cool, at which point the captain will quit and leave the taunter in command of the ship. Evidently there is not a single other person in the average Star Fleet crew who outranks someone who washed out of officer's training.
Worked for Tom Cruise in TopGun..which is about the dumbest movie ever. Only one accurate thing in that entire movie-a Campagnolo tshirt to anybody who can name it.

JJ Abrams was the 'director', not the screen writer. Lucas should not be a director, as seen by episode 1/2/3. I think episode 7/8/9 will be great. MUCH better than the Hobbitt series, which I think is tiresome.
Old 11-29-2014, 06:08 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
JJ has more hits than misses, that's for sure. But his misses are pretty big ones.
lone ranger..yowser....
Old 11-29-2014, 07:27 AM
Old, Fat & Slow

Quote:
I will go see the last Hobbit film even though my opinion of Peter Jackson decreases with every film he makes. How can the CGI in the Hobbit films look so much worse than that in the LoR films?
I was so disappointed in the first Hobbit movie that I didn't bother with the 2nd. I *may* try and find it on DVD/BR and buy it used, but I doubt it.

Won't go see the 3rd. (see above re: DVD)

M
Old 11-29-2014, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
Worked for Tom Cruise in TopGun..which is about the dumbest movie ever. Only one accurate thing in that entire movie-a Campagnolo tshirt to anybody who can name it..
Lt. Cunningham's Communication with the MiG.
Old 11-29-2014, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee View Post
I was so disappointed in the first Hobbit movie that I didn't bother with the 2nd. I *may* try and find it on DVD/BR and buy it used, but I doubt it.

Won't go see the 3rd. (see above re: DVD)

M
The 2nd was better but none live up to the LOTR films.

The interesting thing about the Hobbit films would be the elements brought in from the Silmarillion, which is not a story per se but includes some of the basic knowledge needed to understand what is going on to set the stage for the whole thing.

The Silmarillion would be truly an unfilmable entity but including some elements is interesting for Tolkien fans.

There is no way the Hobbit includes enough material for 3 films on its own. Barely two films worth of material and that's stretching it. It was more or less a children's story and can be read in an afternoon. LOTR is not a children's story at all and is much more complicated.

I look forward to the third installment, but yeah, they're not as good as the LOTR films and not as true (not even close) to the original book.
Old 11-29-2014, 09:13 AM

Old 11-29-2014, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Worked for Tom Cruise in TopGun..which is about the dumbest movie ever. Only one accurate thing in that entire movie-a Campagnolo tshirt to anybody who can name it.

JJ Abrams was the 'director', not the screen writer. Lucas should not be a director, as seen by episode 1/2/3. I think episode 7/8/9 will be great. MUCH better than the Hobbitt series, which I think is tiresome.
I rode the same ninja that he did for four years right down to the color scheme. My first superbike and most memorable. All my friends never forgot that bike, never mind the succession of bikes I had since.
Old 11-29-2014, 10:47 AM

Re: OT: New Star Wars Trailer!!

Quote:

Only accurate thing... the credits
Old 11-29-2014, 10:54 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
If we don't mind turning this into the holiday movie review thread:

Last night I went to see ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1’ with some friends. (Dragged to see it would be more accurate.)

To avoid wasting any more time on this piece of junk, I'll put it simply: This is a terrible movie. Save your time and your money and stay home to clean your daily driver's chain, link by link, including between the plates, with a pipe cleaner, then with Q-tips. That will be more enjoyable and more productive.

Yes, it has some great actors (with Philip Seymour Hoffman #1 on the list) but even they can't redeem it. Senseless boredom most of the time, interrupted by explosions every now and then, and plodding development throughout.
agree..really poor movie, IMHO.