Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Bike Fit

Old 11-01-2016, 05:33 PM

It depends a lot of the rider, the way he/she likes the bikes to handle and the type of fit the guy has.

In some bikes you can feel the difference more than in others too, is not that is a myth, because you can tell. This is pretty much the same thing that take your car for an oil change and do not feel the difference, some guys do, but sure the old lady that drives the car at 40 mph all the time wont feel anything, in a matter of fact that car probably can't run faster either :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by benb View Post
The idea that a 120 will be fine and a 100 will be horrible is just velominati internet fun.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:50 AM

I know this thread is a couple months old, but I have the exact same situation.

I purchased a 2000 Lemond Zurich, 55cm to use as a second bike. My primary bike is a 2005 Giant TCR composite, size M (for comparison.)

Top tube lengths are about 1-2cm different, so I just went with a 100mm stem on the Lemond, vs 110mm on the Giant. The fit is close enough that I don't really notice a difference. I do notice a huge difference in the ride characteristics. But fit level, they're close enough. I actually updated the fork/headset to 1" threadless, and run the same bar setup between both bikes. Couldn't be happier with the Lemond.

FYI, I do have an OEM 1" threaded carbon fork for that '00 Zurich, in the same paint scheme. I believe it's an OCLV fork, repainted. I can supply the OEM threaded headset as well, if interested.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:38 AM

Fit is such a PITA for me. Of course, I've never truly been "fit" to a bike, instead I just get it kinda where I think it's good and tweak until I'm comfortable.

BUT, I'm going the backwards direction from you and usually ride a 55 Lemond but now am trying to get my fit on a few shorter TT frames LOL

GL
Old 03-25-2017, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpiecuch View Post
I do notice a huge difference in the ride characteristics.
Care to elaborate?
Old 04-15-2017, 04:15 PM

Lemond info

Is there a good place to get info on the various Lemond models?
Old 04-17-2017, 12:22 PM
cmg

here are 2 lemond charts. first one is for their spline frames and the 2nd will cover everything else. the thing to keep in mind is that lemond slacked the seat tube angle .5 degrees from the trek counterpart but kept the reach the same. on the smaller frames it meant that if you are buying a lemond for shorter reach it isn't going to work. look at the frame you have calculate reach then calculate reach for the lemond you think might fit.
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture lemond.PNG (35.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Capture lemond 2.jpg (45.2 KB, 12 views)