Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Bike Fit

Old 10-29-2016, 02:18 PM

Just a thing of opinions but what about a test with 80 mm?
Old 10-29-2016, 10:52 PM

agreed with Ultraman. Watching your side view repeatedly it *seems* as though your extension isn't quite where I see and set most of my clients. Impossible to tell from a YT vid, of course, but I'd say raise it maybe 3 mm and see how that affects your pelvic interface with the saddle, your hamstring comfort, and your back. The saddle to bar drop seems pretty darned significant as well-I have seen it where too much drop there can cause problems and compensation lower down the chain (i.e. the knee). How's your hammy/hip flexor/etc. flexibility?
Old 12-23-2016, 05:51 AM

I've dealt with knee and hamstring pain my whole riding career. What worked for me was finally seeing a reputable sport oriented physical therapist. He used to be a cyclist. He analyzed tons of movements and even watched me on the bike to diagnose what the imbalance was. His exercises worked to fix the issue and when it flares up now from hard weeks of riding, I know what to do to get back on track. Do yourself a favor and seek out a professional. Usually insurance will cover most of it. And if not, it will be worth the investment if you live to ride like most of us. Good luck