Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Custom Bikes

Old 02-16-2017, 03:48 PM

Any update on this build? I really like the fork!
Old 02-17-2017, 03:23 PM

Thanks. The Type II forks are really nice. I have a 29er version on a Willits, but am excited to try the mini.

Good weather has come earlier than I expected here and I did not do any wrench work over the winter so hoping to pick up this again starting this weekend. My Eriksen RCR has filled in admirably and will still be my go to for my lighter rides, but sure could have used this one last weekend just as the trails were clearing and the slush was diminishing. It was a fun mix.

Motivation for anything more than just riding is returning with the sun and will post pics soon. I mean it this time
Old 02-17-2017, 03:51 PM

I demand willits pics.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:01 PM

I cannot comprehend how you had the parts since August (that last photo) and still have the control/patience to hold out on building it up!!!
Old 02-21-2017, 11:39 AM

Updates?
Old 03-04-2017, 10:38 AM

Been tinkering around in the garage with the build when I can spare a few moments. Ran into the one issue that often comes with trying to achieve the mix of wide tires, reasonable Q-factor and MicroDrive style gearing I prefer.

I was hoping to use my favorite M953 bottom pull FD that I also have on my Eriksen that only runs a 44t big ring compared to the 42t big ring for the Potts.

Unfortunately the combination of the 2 tooth difference, more vertically ovalized chain stays on the Potts and the slightly steeper angle that the chain stays run at due to the larger tire make for a deal breaker on my first choice for FD. Just too much gap. Time to dig up a low mount M950 or M952 RD to see if it will get close enough and still clear the stays.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender-3.jpg (120.3 KB, 90 views)
Old 03-04-2017, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicycletricycle View Post
I demand willits pics.
Unfortunately busted down the Willits this fall to have the alignment on the fork checked and to steal the LD stem off it to test fit the Curt Goodrich 26er I have in queue. Will post some pics when I rebuild this spring or fee free to send a PM if you are just interested in checking out the frame. Happy to send along. It's a simple double triangle Trail King but, like a Pegoretti, its the little things that make it so special. Love the stuff Wes built.