Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Marketplace > Vendors

Old 04-25-2015, 10:44 AM
Vendor

2015 Cima Coppi Collection

If you want to skip right to the 2015 Cima Coppi Collection, scroll to the bottom, if you want the long story of how we got here from the very beginning of our brand, read on.

Although Cima Coppi really rolled in 2009, it originates in 2002 as one of two thesis project concepts developed for my Industrial Design degree. I was forbidden to do clothing or a bike for lack of faculty experts, but when I got Georgi Georgiev (Varna) on board, they relented. I designed a high-speed commuter concept bike and graduated in 2005.

Post Masters and professional work to get somewhat out of debt and start a company, I began a custom studio boutique of all wool cycling clothing - Hats, Jerseys, Jackets. We got material, stories and inspiration for the products from Italian tailors from our ‘little Italy’ neighbourhood. Cima Coppi was the center fold of Momentum Bike Magazine with a women's riding jacket in just a few months.

With the coming 2010 Olympics, people were flooding into Vancouver with a heavy dose of National pride. Customers wanted a ‘France” jersey or other so we designed and made it with three defining characteristics – reclaimed material, bold side panels and three+ colours. I was bored of monochrome yellow or red lycra.

So we started making custom jerseys by request, by country, in early 2009. We got so many country requests, we started an online shop and the first Cima Coppi Wool “Nationals” Jersey Collection was born – many designs or slight evolutions we still have today. It made sense for us because using reclaimed wool, we had few colours, this was very reproducible colour blocking, most flags are 3 colours. It works now to show off our base custom patterns and most available colours. Belgium fan jersey made in 2009:

In 2010, being a custom studio I did every production step by myself and also the accounting. I really got swamped with Custom. I was working on new collection pieces but just did custom. You can see select pieces from our custom work at: http://cimacoppi.cc/custom

In 2012 my now-wife joined me and we were still slammed with custom and working on our move to Spain. We’d done collaborations for Paceline custom, Kona, Rocky Mountain, Brompton, Magura, dozens of shops, racing teams, clubs, events all in-studio cut and sewn by us. I started this new collection in 2012 with the basic being the diagonal stripe seen in my personal Spanish jersey in our sticky vendor page. This pattern quickly was jumped on and is the base for our collaborations on 2014 Kona, Canadian CX Championships jersey, and many more.]

With our relocation to Spain, production stopped for a bit and finally, finally, after what feels like ages, we were able to finish, refine and launch our new collection. We’re much closer to our providers - a family-run mill in the Corinthian Alps - so we now have more colours. Like many of the frame builders on this forum, the two of us still do all the sourcing, design, cutting, sewing, photography, web design, and business basics that go into our product. All of that brings us to this Cima Coppi Collection, which as always is 100% wool, made in studio and totally customizable to your size or liking:

WOMENS

MENS

Last edited by rain dogs; 04-25-2015 at 10:58 AM. Reason: speling err... spelling
Old 04-25-2015, 07:48 PM
Super Moderator

oh, i am totally in for one of these this year, really nice kit.

you still ship to the US i assume, right??
Old 04-27-2015, 03:08 PM
Vendor

Yup, we ship World Wide. As well, as many have pointed out a little while back, Europe is "on sale" right now with the Euro being so low!

Thanks.
Old 04-28-2015, 02:01 PM

FYI - I bought a jersey from Cima Coppi a few years ago when they were still in Canada, and it is a class act. Good folks who get customer service and make a good product at a reasonable price.

I bought what they now call their "Eddy Traditional." It was slightly different at the time, but at my request they modified it to be pretty much exactly what it looks like on their website now. They also upsized it to fit my more-than-ample bulk. Dealing with them to get these changes made was absolutely effortless. I was and remain delighted with the product and the purchase. Buy with confidence.

Last edited by bikingshearer; 04-28-2015 at 02:04 PM.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:49 PM

Looks really really wonderful Lawrence. I'll place my order this weekend! Miss you guys in Vancouver.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:02 PM

Those jerseys are beautiful! I have a made to order Eleven Velo 100% wool jersey and it looks like I'll have to add a Coma Coppi to the collection soon too! Cheers! :-)
Old 04-29-2015, 05:01 PM

I've got a long sleeve and it is THE nicest piece of kit I have. Will definitely be getting another piece.
Old 03-27-2016, 04:30 PM

are you still doing custom Paceline stuff? i am in need of a few items soon and would love to try out the brand and "show the flag." thanks!