Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-27-2017, 10:35 PM

I ordered a few kits; I’ve had good luck with Starlight in the past.
Old 09-27-2017, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJosiahK View Post
if I went with what I am waist wise, approx a 31.. id be a XS.... I've never worn anything in an XS
That doesn’t sound correct. For a race fit, I assume you’d need a medium.
Old 09-29-2017, 07:56 PM
Administrator

bibs and jersey arrived today. quality looks to be very good, i'll try them on and go for a ride hopefully this weekend. stay tuned.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:31 PM

Got mine today and went straight out in them for 24 quick, wet miles.

Bibs are great, no leg grippers or anything but the fit was good. I like the chamois. Shoulder straps are not stretchy, which made it a little difficult getting them on, and I can imagine a restroom break mid-ride could be tough.
Definitely puts these on the top of the "value" list with the Performance bibs when they're on sale.

Jersey is also nice. Sleeves were a little looser than I would have liked from a jersey advertised as "race fit", but the body and shoulders were better. I still wouldn't call it a "race fit", but I do not think I could go down a size.
I'm not sure if it was because both the bibs and jersey were brand new or because it was wet/rainy out, but I did notice the jersey riding up my back more than normal. I had to pull it down more than a couple times. For $30 though, definitely better than the no-name Chinese jerseys I recently bought. (Joshua Tree)

Will definitely buy more bibs, I have a couple pair to replace that are probably done after this season.

Will probably not buy another jersey. I feel like another $20 for a brand name is worth it here.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:56 PM

Ordered bib and jersey, which arrived super-fast. I did 75 miles in them.

The bibs actually fit and feel great, in my normal size lg. It's true that there is a different quality of tailoring and material, but these bibs deliver 85-90% of the quality that my better bibs do at a tenth of the price. They do a great job wicking, which is most of what I ask for. The chamois is workmanlike, but comfortable. I would race these bibs.

The jersey is a true race-fit, but it is not high end construction. The jersey uses a single wicking textile throughout, and has about half the panels as my better jerseys. The same could be said of the bibs.

My overall satisfaction with materials and construction is very high (on par or better than Performance). My overall satisfaction with the purchase is maximum. Great price for useable bibs.
Old 10-03-2017, 06:28 PM

Cool! Thanks for the feedback from those willing to give it a try. I finally got around to ordering some for myself - 1 x bibs, 1 x shorts, 1 x jersey for $100 is not bad at all.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:25 PM

I have a 45 minute commute each way and have settled on Pearl Izumi Quest as reasonably comfortable budget shorts. Any idea how these compare, the price is pretty close. I also get a pretty good discount on Sugoi that would bring their lower end models into this price range. Has anyone ridden all 3?
Old 12-08-2017, 09:47 AM

How are your bibs holding up, guinea pigs? What do you think after putting some miles on them?
Old 12-08-2017, 02:58 PM

I got too fat for my other bibs that I love, don't have any great ones right now, and don't want to spend serious money hoping I'll be less fat once I start riding more again...might have to try some
Old 12-08-2017, 03:07 PM
AZ Slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesiJezi View Post
How are your bibs holding up, guinea pigs? What do you think after putting some miles on them?
They're not as comfortable on the longest rides as some of the high end bibs are, but, they're not bad either. No bunching or chafing issues with the chamois.

The durability has been excellent, well, except when the dog eats them.
Old 12-08-2017, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobO View Post
The durability has been excellent, well, except when the dog eats them.
Haha! I don't have a dog so I never thought about that... dirty bibs would be the ultimate find for a pooch.
Old 12-08-2017, 04:48 PM
Administrator

after multiple rides in them, i consider them to be an excellent value bib. pad is a good shape for me and they fit well. seem plenty durable. i am a fan.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:26 PM
AZ Slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesiJezi View Post
Haha! I don't have a dog so I never thought about that... dirty bibs would be the ultimate find for a pooch.
Yup, keep the laundry room door closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
after multiple rides in them, i consider them to be an excellent value bib. pad is a good shape for me and they fit well. seem plenty durable. i am a fan.
Well said, excellent value.
Old 12-12-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
Ditto to that.

The bibs pad is comfortable after 6-700 miles, with no pilling of the fleece. My plan is to ride them on the trainer over the winter. Will update in March?

The jersey fits my shoulders, but is short-waisted on me. Not really using anymore. No regrets.

Best part? I feel SO frugal! Oh no real color fade from washing so far.
Old 12-12-2017, 03:21 PM

Would like to try them. Anyone have a referral code?

Not certain but perhaps you'll get a coupon for your referrals?