Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-13-2017, 12:42 PM

The Canyon is several pounds lighter and I think more efficient at transferring pedal effort into forward motion. The glide on the Canyon with the stock DT Swiss wheelset is about the same as the White Industries/Kinlin build on the Merckx (which I had labeled as a Corsa Extra when repainted 6 years ago, but suspect is actually either a Professional or super fancy Grand Prix), but the Canyon with these tires holds more speed through the corners. So all that means I can maintain effort for a longer period of time, hence the improved mph average. Make sense?
Old 09-13-2017, 01:27 PM

Canyon handlebar/stem assembly instructions?

Packaging and assembly looks well thought out and straightforward (torque wrench, carbon paste, use of box for assembly, etc.) ...

BUT i do wonder about the stem/handlebar torque instructions by Canyon - check out video around 1:30 ...

Compare it with these instructions by Park.
Old 09-13-2017, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccardr View Post
The Canyon is several pounds lighter and I think more efficient at transferring pedal effort into forward motion. The glide on the Canyon with the stock DT Swiss wheelset is about the same as the White Industries/Kinlin build on the Merckx (which I had labeled as a Corsa Extra when repainted 6 years ago, but suspect is actually either a Professional or super fancy Grand Prix), but the Canyon with these tires holds more speed through the corners. So all that means I can maintain effort for a longer period of time, hence the improved mph average. Make sense?
If i could find a bike that made me 1.2mph faster, I'd be putting on a red jersey to go with my yellow jersey.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:02 PM

Talking

Good point.

Now all you have to do is start out as an overweight 66 year old retiree who has ridden only vintage steel for the past decade, mostly with down tube shifters, with a lot of those DT shifters being friction instead of indexed.

Last edited by rccardr; 09-14-2017 at 07:36 AM.