Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-18-2017, 06:13 PM
ZhugeLiang

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyfreak View Post
Weisan, Ti Designs and I are considering coming up to Essex on Thursday morning, the 25th, for a chance to ride with you and get a change of scenery from our usual routes. Have you figured out how your morning rides will work yet? Feel free to PM me and/or Ed to work out details.
Lefty pal, that would be fabulous, I would love that!
I will know better once I get on the ground but I think it's safe to say that they start around 9-9:30 every morning. If you get here around 8, we can still ride about an hour+ before I had to get back and clean myself up ready for the class...or maybe I can just walk in with my spandex...
Old 05-19-2017, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weisan View Post
Lefty pal, that would be fabulous, I would love that!
I will know better once I get on the ground but I think it's safe to say that they start around 9-9:30 every morning. If you get here around 8, we can still ride about an hour+ before I had to get back and clean myself up ready for the class...or maybe I can just walk in with my spandex...
It wouldn't be hard for us to get to Essex earlier than 8am, if that works for you. Ti and I usually meet at about 6:30am and it's a 45 minute drive to Essex. We can probably arrange a little earlier even, but I don't want to take away from your beauty rest.
Old 05-19-2017, 08:06 AM
ZhugeLiang

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyfreak View Post
It wouldn't be hard for us to get to Essex earlier than 8am, if that works for you. Ti and I usually meet at about 6:30am and it's a 45 minute drive to Essex. We can probably arrange a little earlier even, but I don't want to take away from your beauty rest.
Wow, that would be awesome!
I didn't contribute to the morning ritual thread because I don't want to scare people off....

I am usually awake by 3:30-4am. It's a habit I have for the last 20+ years. So if y'all want to get here as early as possible, that's fine with me coz I would have already been awake for a couple of hours...

I am so so glad that we will finally be able to meet... I am super excited!

My class will start at 9 every morning, I just confirmed that. I just need 15 mins max. to clean myself up and be presentable . Not as fast as Superman but fast enough, army trained.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:06 AM
undermyfeat...

Ride

When you firm up for the 25th please post the meet time and place. It looks like about 2 hours from my town and probably not reasonable accounting for morning traffic but if I can work it out I will.
Old 05-19-2017, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overmyhead View Post
When you firm up for the 25th please post the meet time and place. It looks like about 2 hours from my town and probably not reasonable accounting for morning traffic but if I can work it out I will.
Things aren't finalized, but it probably makes most sense to meet at Essex Woods, the conference center. I need to talk to Ti Designs, but I think a 7am arrival/ride start is doable from our end. That's the thinking for the moment, at least...
Old 05-19-2017, 05:05 PM
Peter Pan Oath adherent

You guys have fun

I will be administering the MCAS to my sixth graders starting around 8:00

BK

Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter.
Old 05-20-2017, 03:49 PM
ZhugeLiang

Hey pals, I am afraid I have to call off the rides. My recovery from vasectomy two weeks ago had been longer than I expect, so I would have to hold off from getting back on the bike for another week or so, I am sorry.
Old 05-20-2017, 04:17 PM

Sorry to hear that the recovery is going slower than hoped, but recuperation is (barely) more important than riding! Besides, you're still going to have a great time this week. I'll pass along the news to Ti Designs.
Old 05-20-2017, 05:02 PM
undermyfeat...

I'm sorry to hear that as well.
Honestly (having been there) I was surprised that you were going to try it so soon.
Heal well.
Have a great week otherwise.
Old 05-20-2017, 06:51 PM

Take your time with that one. You don't want to end up with a pair of melons down there. A friend rushed back and paid the price.
Old 05-20-2017, 08:23 PM
ZhugeLiang

Thank you pals, I am paying heed to your wise counsel.

I am enjoying my time here in Boston visiting with Bruce pal and his wonderful family.
Old 05-28-2017, 10:09 AM
ZhugeLiang

Just got back last night. The agile coaching boot camp was everything I expected and more....a lot more! I felt so full at the end of the week, I don't think I can take in anymore. It was transformative and challenging. I came out of it a different person, pretty amazing.

I just want to acknowledge and thank Bruce K pal and his most gracious wife Nancy for their hospitality and kindness towards me when I stayed at their home for a couple of days. I get to know their newest family member Diesel who is just the cutest and friendliest little female pup on the planet. I also have the privilege of meeting their son Jesse, one of the most knowledgeable bike mechanic I have ever met.

On the last day before i left, Bruce showed me around Boston and gave me some history lessons. We went to the Lexington battleground and the surrounding area at Concord, standing there and just trying to visualize what happened and feeling the emotions running through my body was quite kind an experience. We even dropped by the bike shop to say hi to Ti Design. When we got there, we found out that Ed pal was not in the shop, so we were a bit disappointed but as we walked out the door, we bumped into him. What timing! We get to chat for about 30 mins, that was really good.
Unfortunately, I am still off my bike so I didn't get to ride at all while i was there but you know what, that's actually a blessing in disguise. Because I didn't get distracted by riding, I was able to concentrate on learning at the boot camp, focus on the people and the relationships, and just simply soak everything in. I am so content and happy with how things went on this trip.

Thank you Bruce.
Thank you Nancy.
Thank you Diesel.
Thank you Jesse.
Thank you Boot camp instructors, helpers and participants.
Thank you Ti Design.

Thank you Boston!
Old 05-28-2017, 05:32 PM

The best thing about Agile IT is that it puts the decision making in the hands of the business areas.

The worst thing about Agile IT is that it puts the decision making in the hands of the business. They often don't know what the really want, and they don't make good decisions. They change their mind often, and end up with something they didn't anticipate.

The only way Agile IT works well is when the business areas, IT, and leadership are all committed to the process. 100% all in. For new, young, motivated businesses, it can be a slam dunk. For older, entrenched, political businesses that are used to throwing IT projects "over the wall", it can be a challenge.

Good luck, and sorry I missed you. Next time.

shovelhd (CSM)
Old 06-02-2017, 10:42 PM
ZhugeLiang

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelhd View Post
The best thing about Agile IT is that it puts the decision making in the hands of the business areas.

The worst thing about Agile IT is that it puts the decision making in the hands of the business. They often don't know what the really want, and they don't make good decisions. They change their mind often, and end up with something they didn't anticipate.

The only way Agile IT works well is when the business areas, IT, and leadership are all committed to the process. 100% all in. For new, young, motivated businesses, it can be a slam dunk. For older, entrenched, political businesses that are used to throwing IT projects "over the wall", it can be a challenge.

Good luck, and sorry I missed you. Next time.

shovelhd (CSM)

True.

That's part of the fun and the coaching that goes with it...

Next time for sure, shovel pal or you can come down to Austin for a visit.
Old 06-02-2017, 10:51 PM
ZhugeLiang

Pics

These stills were captured from my video cam (Garmin Virb)