Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-09-2013, 10:06 AM

nope

just worked here in snowy new england.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnoble485 View Post
Thanks for the feedback. Northwest has a huge Internet presence and a good price on what I need. Question for Gasman is how do you know if they are brick and mortar?

Mike
Visit them if you are up there, find someone who has used them or call them. Not sure how to be certain other than visit them at some point but that does defeat the money savings.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman View Post
Visit them if you are up there, find someone who has used them or call them. Not sure how to be certain other than visit them at some point but that does defeat the money savings.
Living in central Florida prevents a Sunday trip across the border! I will PM a few of you for advice. I am not sure if this speaks to my health insurance, big Pharm or our health system but that is another thread I don't want to get into.

Thanks ,
Mike
Old 02-09-2013, 08:26 PM

http://www.northwestpharmacy.com/

I just checked it and no problem with the site.
Old 05-26-2017, 06:21 PM
Whale of a

I am digging up this old thread to see if anyone has any new online pharmacy recommendations.

My local grocery store wants $1,200 for one small tube of Denavir and I can get 3 delivered from Canada for $85.

Seems crazy and I see why America will never have universal healthcare if we would have to pay drug prices several times higher than other countries.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:47 PM

Don't forget though that here you pay the cost to develop the drug and more importantly the potential liability in selling the drug.

Jeff
Old 05-26-2017, 07:49 PM

Some of the high prices are due to arcane regulations for selling vs. purchasing. The VA is free to negotiate for big discounts on drugs and other supplies due to their volume. OTOH Medicare is not allowed to negotiate the same way or piggyback on the VA purchases and get the same prices so Medicare pays a lot more for the same stuff.
Old 05-27-2017, 06:19 AM

While it's true there are development and legal costs big pharma has to recoup, the real reason they charge so much is because they can. Much basic research is underwritten by taxpayers. Advertising expense to create a demand out of proportion to actual need accounts for a lot of the cost and is often on par with development costs. See ads for hepatitis C? It's absolutely true that there's a huge number of us with undiagnosed hepatitis, which can lead to significant disability and high societal costs. But at $1000/pill--$90,000per treatment course--it's very lucrative for drug companies. And Medicaid--i.e. you and I--get stuck with the bill.

Sorry to derail. I'll step off the soapbox.
Old 05-27-2017, 08:02 AM

You might also want to check out some of the online pharmacies in India. India has a huge and legitimate generic drug industry doing millions of dollars of business in the US. Two MD friends recommended alldaychemist.com. I have placed several orders without any problems.
Old 05-27-2017, 09:33 PM

See the book An American Sickness for insights on how the drug industry works.
Old 05-27-2017, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana Kilalps View Post
See the book An American Sickness for insights on how the drug industry works.
Oh, I couldn't agree more. The American drug system is all f**ked up, thanks to the lobbies.

Pharma and Biotech law are among my leading specialties and I see this all the time!
Old 05-28-2017, 04:09 PM

Here are two I have experience with: https://www.canadadrugs.com/ and http://www.canadadrugcenter.com/. Both offer price matching. Whichever online pharmacy you choose, this is a valuable resource, https://www.pharmacychecker.com/