Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-17-2014, 10:47 AM

OK, I'll play.

Here's my current commuter machine.

Someday I hope to have a motor and/or bi cycle made in the current millennium!
(not that I'd get rid of any of my "old" stuff, I just want something new, too...)
Old 10-17-2014, 10:50 AM

Added the grip a few days ago. really pleased with the results!

Old 10-17-2014, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Luxurious View Post
OK, I'll play.

(not that I'd get rid of any of my "old" stuff, I just want something new, too...)
wow ! gorgeous!!
just picked up this for commuting and JRA...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg user57_pic56_1367762147.jpg (61.0 KB, 233 views)

Last edited by dancinkozmo; 10-17-2014 at 08:43 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:52 AM

^^^ Sweet ^^^

half the weight & triple the HP of mine (plus brakes that work and it won't short out when wet)

amazing what 45 years of engineering advances can do, eh?
Old 10-20-2014, 12:00 PM
Two wheels good

Quote:
OK, I'll play.

I love your CB!
Old 10-20-2014, 05:30 PM

I did not read all the replies but,

Great choice in manufacturer.

I rode an older Honda 250 (xl250r) for a number of years. It was a great machine.

I did some longer trips with it (200 mile days at 60+mph) and while not perhaps the ideal rig; It did it.

Some may say 250 is too small, but it is more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

I went through a Harley phase, and while it was a good machine for the open highways, I rode my old Honda scooter around town more.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:14 PM

Quote:
^^^ Sweet ^^^

half the weight & triple the HP of mine (plus brakes that work and it won't short out when wet)

amazing what 45 years of engineering advances can do, eh?
your bike makes 15 hp ????
Old 10-20-2014, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalonracing View Post
I love your CB!
+1 times infinity
Old 10-20-2014, 09:58 PM

Quote:
OK, I'll play.

The most influential production street bike of the 70's.
Old 03-04-2015, 07:18 PM

Looks like I've killed this thread.

So I've sold my 250 dual sport in Dec, and am chomping at the bit for a new bike. Although I may not pick one up for the next few months, here are the candidates (with pics), and yeah my interests are all over the map.

Honda CB300B - light, economical, and very good for the quick around town rides that constitute 90% of my riding

- Yamaha FZ-07 - substitute for the KTM 690, it has the freeway performance the 300 Honda doesn't

Honda CB500F- midway between the two above

- Indian Scout - not sure how this is going to work out for grocery shopping, but I went down and looked at the gloss black one they had in stock, and hot dayam! now I really want a cruiser.

KTM 690 Duke - the #1 choice, but I'll probably need to keep my car to deal with potential down time

Old 03-04-2015, 07:31 PM

My 57 years of riding came to an end when I was taken out by a car 7/6/14. I was lucky I wasn't killed and the pain/suffering from my injuries made me unwilling to risk that ever again. There are way too many distracted/incompetent drivers on the road for me not to be in a cage. Heck, I haven't been able to brave riding a bicycle in traffic since then either.
Old 03-04-2015, 07:42 PM
Old, Fat & Slow

I agreed to buy an Aprilia Futura. Low miles. Stock except for the needed upgrades (fuel line disconnects, brown wire, etc)

Let the sport-touring begin! (once I go pick it up and ride from Ohio to NoVA that is!)

M
Old 03-04-2015, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Robb View Post
My 57 years of riding came to an end when I was taken out by a car 7/6/14. I was lucky I wasn't killed and the pain/suffering from my injuries made me unwilling to risk that ever again. There are way too many distracted/incompetent drivers on the road for me not to be in a cage. Heck, I haven't been able to brave riding a bicycle in traffic since then either.
I gave up my MC in 2006 after getting hit head on by a senior driver while riding my bicycle to work. I can't remember anything about the incident (a benefit if the TBI?), but after numerous surgeries and extensive rehab, I decided I just don't ever again want to hurt that badly. I promptly sold my Ducati and purchased a nice car.

On my bicycle, I avoid traffic, especially at rush hour when all the distracted drivers are rushing to get to their homes. I also have had to skip mass start racing because I cannot risk another head injury or further damage to the various joints that had to be repaired or replaced. My wife screams if I leave the house without something bright on.

I don't really miss the MC at all.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djg21 View Post
I gave up my MC in 2006 after getting hit head on by a senior driver while riding my bicycle to work. I can't remember anything about the incident (a benefit if the TBI?), but after numerous surgeries and extensive rehab, I decided I just don't ever again want to hurt that badly. I promptly sold my Ducati and purchased a nice car.

On my bicycle, I avoid traffic, especially at rush hour when all the distracted drivers are rushing to get to their homes. I also have had to skip mass start racing because I cannot risk another head injury or further damage to the various joints that had to be repaired or replaced. My wife screams if I leave the house without something bright on.

I don't really miss the MC at all.
I miss my Ducati but I get sweaty palms and a queasy tummy when I imagine riding near automobiles. I haven't gone back to look but I'll bet I posted some positive comments about motorcycling early in this thread before my accident.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesea View Post
Looks like I've killed this thread.

So I've sold my 250 dual sport in Dec, and am chomping at the bit for a new bike. Although I may not pick one up for the next few months, here are the candidates (with pics), and yeah my interests are all over the map.

Honda CB300B - light, economical, and very good for the quick around town rides that constitute 90% of my riding

- Yamaha FZ-07 - substitute for the KTM 690, it has the freeway performance the 300 Honda doesn't

Honda CB500F- midway between the two above

- Indian Scout - not sure how this is going to work out for grocery shopping, but I went down and looked at the gloss black one they had in stock, and hot dayam! now I really want a cruiser.

KTM 690 Duke - the #1 choice, but I'll probably need to keep my car to deal with potential down time

I would go for the Yamaha FZ-07. Curious why no Street Triple R? http://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/bi...ple-R-ABS-2015