Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-08-2023, 12:19 PM

My $220 Assos gts c2 after about one year using roughly once a week on 2-3 hour rides (or less):

Old 12-08-2023, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likes2ridefar View Post
My $220 Assos gts c2 after about one year using roughly once a week on 2-3 hour rides (or less):
Ouch... That longevity is disappointing!
Old 12-09-2023, 02:06 AM

Assos has been changing their fabrics pretty aggressively under new ownership and it isn’t always for the better. Often the fit and the comfort improves at the expense of durability.

I have a slightly older pair of habu tights; and spring/fall bibs with the lavender chamois and old style straps. These are both going strong. With so many miles the chamois is wearing from the inside out.

The version after this with a newer fabric thinned out already.
Old 12-09-2023, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkle View Post
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It's always that weirdly polite/formal tone and always mentioning specific products... Ha. But maybe OP is just very polite!
That’s the funny thing about AI, it’s polite until it thinks you are a threat, then it just terminates you. I’m working hard at my trainer this winter so AI thinks of me as a non-threatening and useful battery

Although in this case, I think the OP is a human, or at worst a human who refined their original text with a LLM. A purely LLM generated text would be more wordy as a LLM often has the habit of mansplaining.

Last edited by verticaldoug; 12-09-2023 at 04:36 AM.
Old 12-09-2023, 10:30 AM
Rockstruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by verticaldoug View Post
… A purely LLM generated text would be more wordy as a LLM often has the habit of mansplaining.
Hah! In the contemporary workplace at least, I’d say the LLM is seen as far preferable, offering an easy dismissal of anything spoken from actual experience.
Old 12-09-2023, 11:03 AM

Anyone tried either of the Assos "Reform" bibs? I only saw one kind on the regular Assos site but their outlet has two versions one of them a spring/fall variant. Sounds like they're made from the leftover fabric from other products?

A bit more traditional bib construction from the pictures than the short and suspender style of most of their current lines. The price is pretty good for an assos pad so I think I'll give them a try.
Old 02-17-2024, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytyree View Post
Anyone tried either of the Assos "Reform" bibs? I only saw one kind on the regular Assos site but their outlet has two versions one of them a spring/fall variant. Sounds like they're made from the leftover fabric from other products?

A bit more traditional bib construction from the pictures than the short and suspender style of most of their current lines. The price is pretty good for an assos pad so I think I'll give them a try.
Hey, have you tried the Reform bibs, yet? The price is really enticing, and it'd help me from wearing out my favorite equipe bibs.