Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-27-2023, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galgal View Post
Thanks Huck! Are you using the Vittoria TPU tubes or another brand? I believe Vittoria recommends their TPU tubes for disk only and as your beautiful Peg has a rim brake set up, I imagine it's another brand.
A different TPU that is noted to work with both rim and disc.
Old 07-15-2023, 08:08 AM

Anyone running the Corsa Pro tubeless?
Old 07-15-2023, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
Anyone running the Corsa Pro tubeless?
I am! Works great. As I mentioned in a previous post in this thread, these tires are very quickly becoming my favorite option.
Old 07-15-2023, 08:56 AM

Lot of good info over at weight weenies about these tires. Too rich for my blood for a training tire though, also they seem pretty fragile.
Old 07-15-2023, 12:35 PM

I have the 32mm tire on a 26mm internal rim, it measures 34mm. Only have a few rides in on them but so far so good. They are fast and feel great. I just have them on a fun bike so I’m not riding it everyday. Can’t really talk about durability yet. The tread is narrow, as discussed on WW, how that affects things is not known. They were on sale so I figured I’d try them.

Old 07-15-2023, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdak View Post
Try some Veloflex and you'll no longer struggle to imagine.....
Agree totally!
Old 07-15-2023, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoj View Post
I am! Works great. As I mentioned in a previous post in this thread, these tires are very quickly becoming my favorite option.
Ditto. This is the nicest riding tubeless tire out there, and the only thing close is Vittoria's Corsa NEXT. I'd choose the NEXT if you're worried about durability / cost. Vittoria says the Pro should be just as puncture resistant but the NEXT is less expensive and very nice as well.

Would recommend the Corsa Pro to anyone who misses the feel of nice cotton tires after going tubeless.
Old 07-15-2023, 09:15 PM
Back At It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
Ditto. This is the nicest riding tubeless tire out there, and the only thing close is Vittoria's Corsa NEXT. I'd choose the NEXT if you're worried about durability / cost. Vittoria says the Pro should be just as puncture resistant but the NEXT is less expensive and very nice as well.

Would recommend the Corsa Pro to anyone who misses the feel of nice cotton tires after going tubeless.
I wonder how the Corsa Pro Control slots in with the NEXT?

glad to hear you like the NEXT.. I have the previous version of the Corsas and LOVE them..

been thinking about a set of the Pro Controls or the NEXTs for my gravel bike (for some road use)
Old 07-16-2023, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourflys View Post
I wonder how the Corsa Pro Control slots in with the NEXT?

glad to hear you like the NEXT.. I have the previous version of the Corsas and LOVE them..

been thinking about a set of the Pro Controls or the NEXTs for my gravel bike (for some road use)
Wondering the same - I have a set of Pro Controls but it might be a bit before I get a chance to really ride them. I like the idea of a thicker, longer lasting tread if the casing is just as supple (which they seem to be).
Old 02-17-2024, 09:57 AM

First, my apologies (to some?) for zombie-ing an older thread, but I was about to ask this question & first did a search.

I've long had a favorite clincher/tube road tire for fast/racing situation with Vittoria Open Corsa CX. Alas it's been about 10 years & now I'm getting back into more serious riding & my stash of consumable spares is finally starting to wear thin. Obviously, Vittoria & the tech has moved on a bit since 2015 or so & there is no Open Corsa CX, but there is the Corsa PRO which seems to best match the CX spec. I realize this thread was originally focused on sizing, but I'm curious how ride quality compares if anyone knows/remembers? My past experience has led me to believe that pure spec (mostly TPI), cost & even popular reviews seem to have only a loose correlation with actual comparative ride quality.

Thanks in advance for any feedback, experience etc.