Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-12-2017, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
$$?? couldn't find it..I'm guessing Audi/BMW/Volvo $..
aka 2017 Opel Insignia Sports Tourer Wagon
Old 06-12-2017, 08:57 AM
Classics Fan

Those are some low profile tires

My friend is trying to convince me to get a CPO mercedes wagon. Wait a few months, and the auto market is going to be hurting. Good deals to be had
Old 06-12-2017, 09:04 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv_vt View Post
aka 2017 Opel Insignia Sports Tourer Wagon
'About $35,000...starting
Old 06-12-2017, 09:24 AM
aka RAEKWON

that is a good looking wagon.

I should have my 2017 sportswagen in 2 weeks. AWD, 6speed manual transmission. White exterior, black interior. Can't wait. I went into the dealership a month ago and drove a all track, also manual and had tons of awesome options on it but was just too much more than I wanted to spend. I also don't have any use for the raised all track and like the look of the SW better. The MTs are prett rare so I had to order mine and apparently its on the way to the dealership
Old 06-12-2017, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
'About $35,000...starting
yeah, probably 40k for a vehicle with a few options. Should be quite a bit cheaper than a 3-series wagon, etc. Quite a bit larger boot, too. Would be really cool if they make this a shooting brake
Old 06-12-2017, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post

I should have my 2017 sportswagen in 2 weeks. AWD, 6speed manual transmission. White exterior, black interior. Can't wait. I went into the dealership a month ago and drove a all track, also manual and had tons of awesome options on it but was just too much more than I wanted to spend. I also don't have any use for the raised all track and like the look of the SW better. The MTs are prett rare so I had to order mine and apparently its on the way to the dealership
NICE! I feel like I should have bought a SW when I purchased my TDi back in 2013. Been debating what to buy when I sell my car back and the AWD Sportwagens are at the top of the list. Debate goes between the alltrack and the standard, but both would be great for adventures and highway trips with the lady. We do need to work on her ability to drive a 6MT however.. so she can "help" on drives (she spends most of the time in the car sleeping).
Old 06-12-2017, 12:32 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowgram5 View Post
NICE! I feel like I should have bought a SW when I purchased my TDi back in 2013. Been debating what to buy when I sell my car back and the AWD Sportwagens are at the top of the list. Debate goes between the alltrack and the standard, but both would be great for adventures and highway trips with the lady. We do need to work on her ability to drive a 6MT however.. so she can "help" on drives (she spends most of the time in the car sleeping).
my wife doesnt know how to drive manual either. I have no idea how I was able to convince her to let me get the MT. I guess we have only had 1 car for the past 5 years and we picked her instead of mine (which was also a manual) so I lucked out. I will try to teach her how to drive a manual (she will hate it but she will learn).

I wish they had a tdi 4motion and I would have probably gone for the TDI.

Wagons are awesome!
Old 06-12-2017, 12:58 PM
n - 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddief View Post
station wagons comeback? watch out SUVs?
I hope so. I wouldn't mind a full-size wagon

Old 07-05-2017, 07:06 AM
aka RAEKWON

Mine is finally here

What an awesome car. Super happy with it so far. So happy to be driving my own car again and back on manual. My wife always got upset that I always used the handbrake on her car but I just did not want to not have that in my muscle memory because I knew I will get a manual again (hell, its all I will ever buy).

Gas mileage on this thing is super nice too, the entertainment system is amazing. Pretty crazy what you get in a new car nowadays. I do wish it came with HID lights but maybe something I will upgrade soon. I thought the cloths seats would bug me but nah, they are great.
Old 07-05-2017, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Mine is finally here

What an awesome car. Super happy with it so far. So happy to be driving my own car again and back on manual. My wife always got upset that I always used the handbrake on her car but I just did not want to not have that in my muscle memory because I knew I will get a manual again (hell, its all I will ever buy).

Gas mileage on this thing is super nice too, the entertainment system is amazing. Pretty crazy what you get in a new car nowadays. I do wish it came with HID lights but maybe something I will upgrade soon. I thought the cloths seats would bug me but nah, they are great.
Nice pick up sir! I've been debating one more and more lately.
Old 07-05-2017, 07:25 AM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowgram5 View Post
Nice pick up sir! I've been debating one more and more lately.
Thank you! After not having my own car for about 5 years it was a tough decision. I wanted something else at first. Maybe a BMW? or Golf R or a Focus ST or something like that but ended up going with the wagon. Not as fast but still very fun to drive, tons of trunk capacity. I love station wagons too and just happy I can find one in manual with 4 wheel drive (another must here in NYS).

I will chip the car after warranty is expired too which will keep things fresh in 3 years.
Old 07-05-2017, 07:43 AM
Administrator

i have a jetta sedan, and it is surprisingly sure footed in the snow with some pirelli sotozero tires on. i'm sure the AWD version is even better. ground clearance is the only issue with the deeper stuff, not the drive wheel traction necessarily.

nice pick-up.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:09 AM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
i have a jetta sedan, and it is surprisingly sure footed in the snow with some pirelli sotozero tires on. i'm sure the AWD version is even better. ground clearance is the only issue with the deeper stuff, not the drive wheel traction necessarily.

nice pick-up.
I almost picked up an all track instead because of ground clearance but figured I would be in deep snow all that much. I actually want to drop the car an inch in a few years
Old 07-05-2017, 08:25 AM
It An't Me Babe

Quote:
I love station wagons too and just happy I can find one in manual with 4 wheel drive (another must here in NYS).
Yes, station wagons are absolutely cool and with a manual transmission one completing the requirement that this car is a driver's vehicle. With any luck, the brake and throttle pedals will be spaced close enough to allow heel and toe.

I was always greatly amused when living in the 'burbs and professing a liking of station wagons which very often elicited a response of surprise that I'd prefer a wagon over what many suburban dads thought to be a much sportier and masculine SUV. Some even said it to my face not knowing there could be any other reality other than the perception of their own! They believed in the "S" part of SUV as being real for a vehicle that never left pavement. So their reality was conjured in the imagery of what the car manufacturers wanted to sell. HaHa! These suburban dads weren't much for irony.

I like cars but despise car culture.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:43 AM
n - 1

Quote:

Out of curiosity, what was the price difference between the AWD SW and All-Track? My wife's Outback has been awesome. I wouldn't mind trading my car for a wagon, especially one as spacious as the SW.