Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-11-2017, 09:18 AM
Ari W

Calling Type 1 Diabetics

I think there are a few here, I use a pump from Animas with the dexcom sensor. With Animas getting out of the pump business, has anyone used the Medtronic 670G? I did not have a good experience with the first gen Medtronic CGM, thus the Dexcom, which has been excellent for cycling.

TIA,
-Ari
Old 10-11-2017, 10:08 AM

I use a basic medtronic pump, and now Medicare will cover the dexcom G5 so I'm going to go that route. Many people like the Tandem Tslom X2 or something like that because it integrates with Dexcom. Most seem to prefer Dexcom CGM to the Medtronic. Also, Medtronic is backordered on sensors for the 670.

No experience with the 670 system.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:11 AM

I’ve heard the 670 works quite well but getting the sensors is the problem. There are some Facebook groups that you could join if you do the whole fb thing. The first few versions of sensors suck for sure, aka the harpoon.

I’ve switched from the older medtronic to Omnipod. I like the tubless freedom you get with the pod. But, the pods seem to have occlusions at the worst possible times. When that happens it’s time for a new pod. They have some kind of deal if you are a animas user, tandem does as well.

If you have a older medtronic pump openaps is pretty cool btw.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:45 AM
Ari W

Thanks, I have found the Dexcom CGM to be rock solid, so I am hesitant to switch. I have also had 2 Medtronic pumps die while on vacation, 1 on a rainy MTB ride. The Animas doesn't have a pretty UI and some of the other fancy features, but it has been very reliable. I will check out the tslim.

Thanks,
-Ari