Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Marketplace > Vendors

Old 08-13-2015, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT View Post
Attachment 1697905058

Hi, will like to share this image with the pace line community. We are at the final development stages of our new skin suit. No stitching, flat seams, aerodynamic just like our kits. The suit is wind tunnel tested and has been used in several major races already with great results.

This prototype is ready for sublimation graphics.

what do you guys think?

Some additional images of a sublimated skin suit photo to give a better representation of overall finish.

IMG_2914.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2911.jpg (45.9 KB, 286 views)

Last edited by CAT; 08-13-2015 at 10:01 PM.
Old 08-13-2015, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonification View Post
Hi CAT!
I was wondering of you could speak into the kind of chamois used for the bibs. Thanks!

Sent from my Xperia Z3 using Tapatalk
Jason, from the start we wanted to take advantage of this new weldedskin process. We know that stitching is a major cause of abrasion on the skin especially in the bibs so we bonded our pad to our bibs. Its the only pad that we are aware of that is bonded directly to shorts, no stitching!

We cut up and studied the contents of many pads on the market. Most pads use closed cell Poly-Urethane foams that absorb impact.

The air cells in the foam act as small shock absorbers that suck up energy and dissipate it over a large area. This means comfort initially but when you add impact and vibration its actually bottoming out and the energy is transferred to your body. Over the lifetime of the product the foam may settle and flatten because the cells of the foam eventually burst.

We use two layers of shore 30 closed cell Polyurethane foam on our pads, in addition, we added a 15mm gel insert in between the foam layers. This keeps our pads from bottoming out and improves the longevity of the product.

The top layer of our pad is an antibacterial-coated microfiber cloth that encapsulates the inner components and ads a layer of comfort.

We have continuously used our bibs for over 3 years in a cross-country racing environment and pads are still in excellent shape.

internalchamois800600.jpg
padssectionc.jpg

Last edited by CAT; 08-16-2015 at 11:30 PM.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:51 AM

pockets

pocket600.jpg

Simple, easy, large storage.

We thought about what we carry and use on rides. We quickly realized that the traditional 3 pocket layout needed real thought. Its difficult to reach into all the pockets while riding! These pockets are already small and getting something in or out can be challenging.

We came at this problem with some simple innovations. We created a 3 pocket system that angles the openings for the two large pockets on the back and adds an additional zippered pocket to keep valuables separate and secured.

The Secured zippered pocket with self locking ykk zipper keeps your valuables separate and safe. No more reaching for food on a ride and dropping your cash, cards or phone. Pocket runs the entire length of back.

Last edited by CAT; 08-17-2015 at 10:55 AM.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:26 PM

Just got back from my first ride in my new Catella kit. It was hovering above 90 degrees and extremely humid, so I rode my cross bike in the woods for some refuge from the sun. That also meant less wind for cooling- a real test of the claim that Coldblack will make a meaningful difference in the rider's temperatue.

I can happily report that the fabric really performed as promised. This might have been the hottest ride of the year, and while I was obviously sweating a ton, I didn't feel overheated and kept the jersey zipped pretty high for the whole ride- it seemed just as effective to keep it zipped as it was to unzip.

For sizing reference, I am 6'5" with a short torso and long legs, and I weigh 190 pounds. I have the jersey in L and the bibs in XL. The jersey is a bit long on me, but not to the point of being uncomfortable, bunchy or unsightly. It's perfect across the chest for a race-cut garment, and though there's a bit of room under the arms when standing off the bike, I didn't notice any fit issues while riding. The bibs fit great, with the straps at the right length and the leg compression falling right where I like it. My one gripe is that the leg gripper is narrow compared to some other bibs I have, but I didn't really notice it once I got moving.

All in all my initial impression is really positive!

*Face is a reaction to the gravel/dirt climb I just rode, not the kit*
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6712.jpg (84.7 KB, 256 views)
Old 08-17-2015, 01:31 PM
Adrenaline Junkie

Just back from a ride in northern MA/southern NH and yeah, it's hot and humid today. sandyrs is spot on about the weather.

What's the leg length looking like for the women's bibshorts? Too many companies have been making them shorter and shorter. My favorites from Giordana have done that again.

Will the Havoc be avail in bright colors as well as white?
Old 08-17-2015, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyrs View Post
Just got back from my first ride in my new Catella kit. It was hovering above 90 degrees and extremely humid, so I rode my cross bike in the woods for some refuge from the sun. That also meant less wind for cooling- a real test of the claim that Coldblack will make a meaningful difference in the rider's temperatue.

I can happily report that the fabric really performed as promised. This might have been the hottest ride of the year, and while I was obviously sweating a ton, I didn't feel overheated and kept the jersey zipped pretty high for the whole ride- it seemed just as effective to keep it zipped as it was to unzip.

For sizing reference, I am 6'5" with a short torso and long legs, and I weigh 190 pounds. I have the jersey in L and the bibs in XL. The jersey is a bit long on me, but not to the point of being uncomfortable, bunchy or unsightly. It's perfect across the chest for a race-cut garment, and though there's a bit of room under the arms when standing off the bike, I didn't notice any fit issues while riding. The bibs fit great, with the straps at the right length and the leg compression falling right where I like it. My one gripe is that the leg gripper is narrow compared to some other bibs I have, but I didn't really notice it once I got moving.

All in all my initial impression is really positive!

*Face is a reaction to the gravel/dirt climb I just rode, not the kit*
Sandyrs, I like your straight-shooter new kit style.

You look like a taller, slimmer Rodolfo. He also rocks a black Catlike.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeatnik View Post
Sandyrs, I like your straight-shooter new kit style.

You look like a taller, slimmer Rodolfo. He also rocks a black Catlike.
I like your making-me-aware-of-Catella-in-the-first-place style! I'm excited to get it washed and back out in the heat.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyrs View Post
I like your making-me-aware-of-Catella-in-the-first-place style! I'm excited to get it washed and back out in the heat.
The cool back tech is crazy. I always think the jersey is going to be too hot and it is never. Rapha used the cool back tech a while back but I wasn't impressed with it. with Catella the cool back tech is very impressive. Or maybe it's the material what ever it is I'm impressed.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:31 PM

Catella seamless kits

CAT, could you post a picture of the whole chamois pad? Thanks!

Sent from my brain
Old 08-26-2015, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJohnny View Post
CAT, could you post a picture of the whole chamois pad? Thanks!
Hey LJohnny, finally got to grab a picture of the pad. Its perfectly sized for 90th percentile Width of sit bones. check it out!

IMG_3879.jpg
Old 08-28-2015, 04:12 PM

custom fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyChix View Post
Just back from a ride in northern MA/southern NH and yeah, it's hot and humid today. sandyrs is spot on about the weather.

What's the leg length looking like for the women's bibshorts? Too many companies have been making them shorter and shorter. My favorites from Giordana have done that again.

Will the Havoc be avail in bright colors as well as white?
Inseam:Other brands are cutting their inseams shorter. Our shorts are based on compression and function, covering most of the thigh.
Regarding the hem: I can make sure the hem is fitted by tailoring these for you, no additional cost. I will add a "fit Chart" that you can fill out and send back to me info@catella.net

The new generation of catella kits will be Brighter in color while keeping the simple, honest, functional lines. The bibs will remain black.

RS
Attached Files
File Type: pdf team fit PCL.pdf (984.2 KB, 55 views)

Last edited by CAT; 08-29-2015 at 12:01 AM.
Old 08-29-2015, 08:13 PM
Adrenaline Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT View Post
Inseam:Other brands are cutting their inseams shorter. Our shorts are based on compression and function, covering most of the thigh.
Regarding the hem: I can make sure the hem is fitted by tailoring these for you, no additional cost. I will add a "fit Chart" that you can fill out and send back to me info@catella.net

The new generation of catella kits will be Brighter in color while keeping the simple, honest, functional lines. The bibs will remain black.

RS
It'll be a couple weeks but I'll get in touch. Thanks!
Old 08-30-2015, 07:31 PM

Ok.. subscribed.

Totally interested to follow product dev on this.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:36 AM

skin suit

Some more testing at the historic Rosebowl in pasadena. Definitely one of the toughest non organized rides in the Los Angeles area, perfect testing ground. Suit is built with a cytech pad and Nylon fabrics. Incredibly tough seams and 4way stretch fabrics that are woven with an aerodynamic pattern.

Screen Shot 2015-09-04 at 1.36.01 AM.jpg
after the sprint.jpg

Last edited by CAT; 09-04-2015 at 12:49 PM.
Old 09-11-2015, 04:49 PM

The Catella Seamless Skin Suit is an amazing technical piece. As most of us know, a skin suit is the biggest bang for the buck in terms of "free" speed. In the last few years, we've seen every top sprinter racing in a skin suit while in many cases avoiding a sponsor's aero bike. It makes a difference!

http://cyclingtips.com.au/2010/04/bi...ial-equipment/