Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-06-2014, 07:52 PM

OT: Rolling Coal

I'm pretty sure it was in this very forum that someone mentioned ignorant rednecks chip their diesels to belch black smoke.

Slate confirms it
Old 07-06-2014, 07:57 PM
Two wheels good

Losers... May they live in the filth they create. The sad part is that we all have to.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:59 PM
The B!

How bout this gem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdDxjge5hmY
Old 07-06-2014, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcroslin View Post
I'm pretty sure it was in this very forum that someone mentioned ignorant rednecks chip their diesels to belch black smoke.

Slate confirms it
IF that truck has the OEM 6.2, then that's about standard for that engine when you put your foot in it. It probably has a Banks Turbo which makes the exhaust particulate greater. That engine gets 20-22 mpg if you don't hot-rod it..

My '76 MB 115 does the same thing under load. New diesel engines are a whole different animal.

So you know: I'm a Prius lover and would own one or a Volt/Leaf if my income allowed.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:21 PM
Lanterne rouge

I teach diesel technology. Its a bummer the EPA dosent go after these idiots for defeating an emissions device.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tihsepa View Post
I teach diesel technology. Its a bummer the EPA dosent go after these idiots for defeating an emissions device.
There weren't any when that truck was built.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:59 PM
Two wheels good

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B View Post
I really is amazing how one loser can be hateful to so many people he doesn't even know. It really tests your faith in man. And 1-10 odds that he spends the rest of the day talking about what a freedom-loving American and good Christian he is.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalonracing View Post
I really is amazing how one loser can be hateful to so many people he doesn't even know. It really tests your faith in man. And 1-10 odds that he spends the rest of the day talking about what a freedom-loving American and good Christian he is.
That Cummins looks like it might be using OR diesel, same as #2 fuel oil, and illegal in all 50 states for road use.

That said, don't know why you chose to go "there" in your last sentence.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:43 PM
The B!

I think everyone is guilty of the Us V. Them mentality. We stereotype people, especially our enemies. Neat pigeon holes. I think it's a bunch of ignorant assumptions about bicyclists that causes people to act like that toward us- read the comments on the video, and you'll see plenty of these incorrect assumptions. We're "fags" who "think we own the road" and "never follow traffic laws." So we're deserving of whatever abuse a motorist wants to throw at us.

We can't allow ourselves to be guilty of the same sentiments toward "them." Because there is no "them," just the "them" we've constructed in our minds, just like "them."
Old 07-06-2014, 09:48 PM

When I lived in Colorado I called this number all the time:

http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite.../1251594448796

I encourage everyone else out there to do the same when you get dumped on.

#····em'

Edit: calling that number use to result in a $25 ticket being mailed to the driver of the truck. Now it just looks like they get mailed a phamplet. Guess it isn't worth it - just more weight.

Last edited by PJN; 07-06-2014 at 09:51 PM.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B View Post
I think everyone is guilty of the Us V. Them mentality. We stereotype people, especially our enemies. Neat pigeon holes. I think it's a bunch of ignorant assumptions about bicyclists that causes people to act like that toward us- read the comments on the video, and you'll see plenty of these incorrect assumptions. We're "fags" who "think we own the road" and "never follow traffic laws." So we're deserving of whatever abuse a motorist wants to throw at us.

We can't allow ourselves to be guilty of the same sentiments toward "them." Because there is no "them," just the "them" we've constructed in our minds, just like "them."
Please don't include me in your little set-up here. You like to stir the pot, and that's ok, but I'm not part of it.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:35 PM
なんでやねん

OT: Rolling Coal

Didn't need Slate to confirm that, I see it all the time.

The more of them in the cab the better odds they'll pass the defenceless cyclist at about 120 decibels in a massive cloud of carcinogens. It's just sooooooo funny.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-06-2014, 10:47 PM
50 bpm

Look at the license plate.

Figures.

And I consider myself, by virtue of living 16 years there, part Floridian.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:40 PM
The B!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarry View Post
Please don't include me in your little set-up here. You like to stir the pot, and that's ok, but I'm not part of it.
I was backing up your comment, in a diplomatically ambiguous way. At least that's what I was trying to do.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:34 AM
Randomhead

I looked this up when I got smoked a few years ago. There was no acceleration, just a slight change in engine note and a nearly perfectly cylindrical cloud of smoke from the truck's exhaust. Then the driver went back to a normal setting. I was familiar with "chips" or "performance modules" from my days as the owner of an American performance car.

google will confirm it, no reason to go to slate for confirmation. https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...ce+chip+tuners
Any chip worth buying will allow you to go with stock tune, a lean tune, a slightly rich tune. Pathetic antisocial morons will add a tune that dumps way too much fuel, and thus get smoke. These are people that are seething with impotent rage due to the fact that they areally are pretty worthless to society when it comes right down to it. Many of them hang the only pair of nuts they own on their hitch. You can't buy manhood.