Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-20-2017, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Bear View Post
Just curious - is the Ritchey that much better than the Lynskey or is it just that it comes apart?

I got a great deal on the Lynskey (new) frame - less than half of what I paid for the (used) Ritchey.
Ritchey's have a real nice geometry and having a travel bike that comes apart is a really nice thing to have in the closet. Never know when you will be really happy that you have that.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:52 PM

Yeah, but I've got two kids, 9 and 5, and wonder if I will be using a Breakaway bike enough to justify having the money tied up in it.
Old 09-20-2017, 01:11 PM
coffee consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Bear View Post
Yeah, but I've got two kids, 9 and 5, and wonder if I will be using a Breakaway bike enough to justify having the money tied up in it.
probably not....still have kids under roof along with a Trek CrossRip I bought for credit card touring...have ridden it twice, neither for longer than 20+ miles but I keep it around for the dream it represents. With kids 9 and 5, your riding time is going to be limited and constantly competing with the wife/kids.

since you're asking for advice...sell everything as you'll get the most buck back and bike collections are over-rated. Keep the Lynskey and ride the crap out of it and be happy. There's nothing wrong with it despite what some others may say.