Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-19-2021, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman1425 View Post
That's a bummer for the 11s eTap folks looking for a replacement FD.
I did not try that combination. I was more interested in 11S FD with 12S AXS RD. I tried it three times, I am very capable of screwing up but rarely 3 times.

If they bought 12S shifters hoping to control 12S AXS FD and 11S RD, they'd be more disappointed.

I'll see if I can test that combo.....it won't be easy, bikes are not in the same location.

Edit: Just found this.....

Quote:
there are no plans to make RED eTap 11-speed front and rear derailleurs compatible with 12-speed. The first generation of Red eTap front and rear derailleurs are mechanically designed for 11-speed gearing and are not compatible with 12-speed chains, cassettes, and crankset
https://support.sram.com/hc/en-us/ar...compatibility-

Last edited by ripvanrando; 11-19-2021 at 02:04 PM.
Old 11-19-2021, 03:07 PM

I have a NIB Red eTap 11S Wifli RD, couldn't get it to pair either, but I'm new to eTap altogether so I might be screwing something up.

The Red eTap 11S fronts are astronomical money, I might just sell off the RD and use that money towards an XDR freehub wheel or something.
Old 11-20-2021, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice rocket View Post
I have a NIB Red eTap 11S Wifli RD, couldn't get it to pair either, but I'm new to eTap altogether so I might be screwing something up.

The Red eTap 11S fronts are astronomical money, I might just sell off the RD and use that money towards an XDR freehub wheel or something.
I ended up doing basically this on my new build. I was able to source brand new force axs Etap all around for what the red 11 speed sold for used. It was a no brainer.

Tags
axs compatibility