Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-24-2016, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripvanrando View Post
There is something here.

I went across the US by bike recently and had fresh kit waiting for me every 1500 miles but the Assos S13 jersey was so comfy that I sent the clean, non-S13 jersey back home. Although I would never pay $210 for a jersey, I get it.
Was it as comfortable east of the Mississippi as west of it? Dry heat, most things can handle.
Old 07-24-2016, 07:53 PM
ZhugeLiang

thanks M-pal, that's what i was looking for.

Someone started a thread not too long ago asking for summer jersey recommendation:
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=189004

Some folks were suggesting that to get down to really qualify as a hot weather jersey, you are essentially getting a mesh-lined top layer.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:02 PM

In praise of summer jerseys...

As a conclusion to the thread that I started and Weisan just referenced, I ended up with the Rapha super lightweight jersey that purchased on this forum.

I tried on the Rapha climbers and the Castelli climbers jersey, but they were too trim fitting and/or see through for my liking.
Old 07-24-2016, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrider View Post
PROLLY ???

dubya-tee eff dude...........thas nasty
I've only seen one cat wear the black Raphaz Pro Team Climber's jersey. I was almost embarrassed to ride with him. And I love the dude. Anyway, he lives 2 blocks from the Silverlake Intelligentsia. Oh Rough Trade is across the street. It's one of the last surviving businesses from the days when Silverlake was LA's Castro. Cycling, fetish wear, fascist uniforms, ah, so much cross-pollination.

Last edited by beeatnik; 07-24-2016 at 10:30 PM.
Old 07-25-2016, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmfs View Post
As a conclusion to the thread that I started and Weisan just referenced, I ended up with the Rapha super lightweight jersey that purchased on this forum.

I tried on the Rapha climbers and the Castelli climbers jersey, but they were too trim fitting and/or see through for my liking.
So the lightweight is a bit heavier than the climbers? And a bit more relaxed in the fit? How do you like the pockets? I waffled between those two for a few days until I saw the bundle.
Old 07-25-2016, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makoti View Post
So what do you have that works best for hot AND humid days? We're talking serious 85-90s+ temps with good ol' mid-atlantic or worse humidity. Breathing through a sponge humid. Anything out there that might give this one a run for it's money?
Pearl Izumu Elite Jersey (~$100, but there are always discounts, i.e. right now Colorado Cyclist has a $25 coupon (SUMMER))
(Working well in the current East Coast heatwave)
Old 07-25-2016, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrider View Post
PROLLY ???

dubya-tee eff dude...........thas nasty
Ditto. That was quite a, how should I say, surprise.
Old 07-25-2016, 02:10 PM

at 50% OFF, Road Holland's Hilversum is built to stand the summer heat.. but sadly at that price, there aren't many left in stock.

http://roadholland.com/collections/m.../the-hilversum
Old 07-25-2016, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmonster View Post
at 50% OFF, Road Holland's Hilversum is built to stand the summer heat.. but sadly at that price, there aren't many left in stock.

http://roadholland.com/collections/m.../the-hilversum
And nothing in my size, sadly.
Old 07-25-2016, 02:49 PM

I really like these for hot weather. Maybe not as cool as a specialized "climber's jersey", but pretty darn good!
Old 07-25-2016, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makoti View Post
Was it as comfortable east of the Mississippi as west of it? Dry heat, most things can handle.
It was only over a 100F once in a while east of the Mississippi and by then, I was pretty used to heat and humidity. I guess you are getting to how well does the fabric wick moisture to facilitate evaporative heat losses. Its not bad, it has some strategically placed mesh panels that help cool you down although this jersey is not the latest and greatest, I do like it. My best jersey for heat is a cheapo Mavic jersey with a weird loose weave.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:23 PM

cafe du cycliste makes the fleurette jersey which is very nice: http://www.cafeducycliste.com/men/me...-lava-red.html
Old 08-01-2016, 09:35 PM
ZhugeLiang

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=190940
Old 08-01-2016, 09:38 PM

I ordered a Rapha super lightweight jersey, my first real Rapha (a snood doesn't count really) piece of kit ever using the last 20% off coupon. I checked the measurements and went with the large, after trying it on though I figured the XL would be better. I send it back for a exchange, instead of a refund, because I wanted to use the 20%, and today I get a refund because it is out of stock in blue. I am kind bummed, I was really looking forward to the jersey. I would have expected a phone call or a email saying hey your requested color is out of stock how about this other color instead that is still in stock. I emailed them, but I am not sure I want it now. Are they really that nice?
Old 08-01-2016, 09:40 PM

rapha is overrated in my book, there are lot of other brands out there that make quality jerseys, i would look at some of the european brands like MOA, Nalini, Ale, Assos etc...