Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-28-2017, 06:02 PM

what i like about paceline

simple dimple choices.
i can't get over the myriad subforums on other sites. mtbr, pbnation, rcuniverse, various car sites..... all have like 20-30 subforums, no joke. but the general discussion or lobby gets the lion's share of the traffic.

paceline = general or cl.
once in a while, i'll check out what's happening in the custom gallery. but that's about it. but still, i find myself hanging out here more than the other boards, even tho i probably spend less time riding road these days.

btw, what's with all the aggro over at mtbr?? riders in person seem super chill, i really like the relaxed attitude, but then on the boards they're all over the place.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:25 PM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by vqdriver View Post
simple dimple choices.
i can't get over the myriad subforums on other sites. mtbr, pbnation, rcuniverse, various car sites..... all have like 20-30 subforums, no joke. but the general discussion or lobby gets the lion's share of the traffic.

paceline = general or cl.
once in a while, i'll check out what's happening in the custom gallery. but that's about it. but still, i find myself hanging out here more than the other boards, even tho i probably spend less time riding road these days.

btw, what's with all the aggro over at mtbr?? riders in person seem super chill, i really like the relaxed attitude, but then on the boards they're all over the place.
Riding an MTB makes ya nutz
Old 07-28-2017, 06:27 PM

I always forget about our subforums until someone brings them up. I joined for the catalogues and started paying attention pretty quickly there after, but always in general and classifieds because it's a one stop shop deal. It's a nice group of people here and I'm thankful to those who hold it together! I think mtbr and rbr have always had their share of silly; you should cruise the pink bike comments/forums if you want see "aggro"!
Old 07-28-2017, 06:31 PM

i'd like a

scaramucci sub-forum. Italian frame builder from the 60s.
Old 07-30-2017, 07:11 AM

Only other forum I frequent is advrider. Seems like there's hundreds of topics and sub topics and forums. I get lost there for hours at a time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-30-2017, 07:43 AM

Agree 100% - keep it simple. I was in the market for an early 90s MB 500E and the go-to forum for this niche model where only 1,500 cars made it to the US has 36 sub forums! It's impossible to find relevant info without bouncing around from forum to forum.
Old 07-30-2017, 07:55 AM

I love the lack of politics! Political discussions have ruined other (non-political) forums.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Old 07-30-2017, 08:00 AM
Lanterne rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73Bronco View Post
I love the lack of politics! Political discussions have ruined other (non-political) forums.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
No kidding.

RBR turned into an internet cesspool because of PO.
Old 07-30-2017, 08:07 AM

Indeed ^
Old 07-30-2017, 08:16 AM

With the exception of my MX Leader that I bought new in 1998, all the bikes in my garage and bike room came from this forum starting with the Big Leg Emma I got in late 2006. I had wanted a BLE and even had a friend who was a Gita dealer but no 60's were available at all. Then one popped up on here. In the 90's when I was an active racer, I followed the flock and bought a Litespeed. I got to do some laps on a steel GT and really wanted one but my disposable income wasn't all that so I couldn't do it. Fast forward to 2011 and there's a nice Nobilette GT that I snatched up. Another one, a former Shaklee came up a few years later and I bought that and had it repainted and made into a daily rider. That satisfied my bike lust.

I got a custom steel Argonaut in early 2011, loved that bike but lost it when Southwest Frameworks burned down. The components were in a box in my garage. Then a 60cm Ti Serotta showed up on this forum last summer and it was almost a perfect match to the Argonaut. I've put around 7K miles on it since last summer.
Old 07-30-2017, 10:48 AM

my mainstay of bike info and hangout time.

thanks to all for a great place. just reminded me to donate to keep the lights on for all of us! thanks to the admins and volunteers who keep things going for all of us.
Old 07-30-2017, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vqdriver View Post
simple dimple choices.
(..)
You have a terrific point.

I still miss the terrific Bicycle Fan Club. It was simple and great, like this forum. Then the admin decided to split the forum up into sub-forums for Cannondale riders, Trek riders, custom riders, stock riders and on and on and on. The resulting dilution started a slow death.

K.I.S.S.
Old 07-30-2017, 11:04 AM

No politics is good, but too many violations of this rule lately by people who know better. Not being monitored by mods.

Jeff
Old 07-30-2017, 01:05 PM

every forum needs a Gold Five

Old 07-30-2017, 01:35 PM

You folks are a fine bunch. I like it here -it's the best forum that I visit. Some of you are turds sometimes, but so am I. This place has a good way about it.