Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-21-2017, 04:06 PM

solid!

would actually like to see it cached somewhere for eternity, so he can be associated with it the rest of his life with a quick google search by employers, family, friends, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
he ****ed with the wrong people, we cyclists are definitely annoying and we got time on our hands and since everyone hates us we stick together and when enough people reported that dumb ass video, the video eventually got taken down.

facebook ignored it when a few people reported for sure but when they got 100s of people reporting it, good bye

his twitter is already gone, hopefully we can kick that dumb site out of facebook as well.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:20 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54ny77 View Post
solid!

would actually like to see it cached somewhere for eternity, so he can be associated with it the rest of his life with a quick google search by employers, family, friends, etc.
agreed. hopefully someone saved it and hope it bites him in the ass for many years to come.

Thing is it was not even funny.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:58 PM

Interesting, so far we have over 30 posts in this thread but only 3 people responded to the thread about the mountain biker who was shot multiple times and killed outside of Colorado Springs. Funny how an internet troll can rile up the masses more than the actual murder of a fellow cyclist.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:41 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdw View Post
Interesting, so far we have over 30 posts in this thread but only 3 people responded to the thread about the mountain biker who was shot multiple times and killed outside of Colorado Springs. Funny how an internet troll can rile up the masses more than the actual murder of a fellow cyclist.
please...

look how many posts the thread got when Tom Palermo was killed by that drunk bishop, tens of pages. So you are wrong.

I did not see that post about the MTB getting shot, that is a shame and in the grand scheme of things a bigger deal that this.
Old 09-21-2017, 06:06 PM

Fair enough if you didn't see it but it never ceases to amaze me how a group of adults can be so easily upset by the childish rantings of an obvious ass.
Old 09-21-2017, 06:54 PM

Quote:
he ****ed with the wrong people, we cyclists are definitely annoying and we got time on our hands and since everyone hates us we stick together and when enough people reported that dumb ass video, the video eventually got taken down.

facebook ignored it when a few people reported for sure but when they got 100s of people reporting it, good bye

his twitter is already gone, hopefully we can kick that dumb site out of facebook as well.

That didn't last long

https://www.facebook.com/barstoolspo...5830738532502/
Old 09-21-2017, 08:11 PM
mentholated

this dudes narrative is so boring/tired/played out. pedestrian.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTHBROOKS View Post
Well you would think. But his "narrative" has a brand value of $15 mil and growing. The most influential investment firm in entertainment recently bought controlling interest from him. It obviously isn't boring/tired/played out to a very large number of like-minded people. "It" really isn't about cyclists - well, it is for the moment - but it's more of a malignant cultural tumor that makes me think WTH?
Old 09-22-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTHBROOKS View Post
I agree with you. This 'I hate cyclists' schtick gets brought out pretty routinely by talk radio personalities, etc. The person thinks they're providing an amazingly original 'take,' and yet they always say the same stuff (they wear funny shorts, take up the road, etc.) as all the other guys.

Barstool is branded in a certain way and their value depends on appearing edgy. The company may be worth a lot of $, but I work with young people, and 'the Stool' is not as popular as it was a few years ago. Portnoy's probably over forty now, and the rest of the guys are approaching doughy middle age... pretty soon they themselves will probably be on bicycles.

I hate anything that makes drivers more careless and angry than they are already, but I've heard this same crap so many times, and the purveyors of it are desperate to stir people up.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:38 AM
Proud Grandpa

Portnoy

??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_3504.jpg (60.8 KB, 118 views)
Old 09-22-2017, 04:20 PM
commuter racer

Quote:

I reported the vid but FB said it was fine, what losers.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:57 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinomaster View Post
I reported the vid but FB said it was fine, what losers.
enough people report the new one, it will get taken down again I bet
Old 09-22-2017, 09:20 PM
commuter racer

Is there another one?