Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-21-2017, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadence90 View Post
Hmmm...that's not exactly disappointment that I'm sensing....

No, I was pretty much joking about the Italian part...but it would be funny if all my bikes ended in "i"
Old 09-21-2017, 06:49 PM

I own and regularly ride what might be the original Pacenti prototype. I'll try to post pics later.

Light for a steel bike and very stiff. Reynolds fork. It can probably be found with a search.

I think it was constructed by Co-Motion. Head tube is shorter than th OP's. it's about a 15 CM head tube with a 57 top tube.

Edit: Now with pictures

Here's my Pacenti last year after swapping out some old, worn Campagnolo stuff that worked but was tired. The wheels have subsequently been updated to Pacenti Forza with Wheels Mfg. hubs from Ergott Intergalactic Industries. The 5800 stuff is rock solid.

Same bike a few years ago with Campagnolo 10-speed. I like both setups equally but I will admit I might like the Campagnolo 10-speed levers with the Deda shallow drop bars a bit more than the Zero 100s. My hands fit the 10-speed levers and the Deda shallows nearly perfectly.

Last edited by saab2000; 09-21-2017 at 07:40 PM.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saab2000 View Post
I own and regularly ride what might be the original Pacenti prototype. I'll try to post pics later.

Light for a steel bike and very stiff. Reynolds fork. It can probably be found with a search.

I think it was constructed by Co-Motion. Head tube is shorter than th OP's. it's about a 15 CM head tube with a 57 top tube.

Here's my Pacenti last year after swapping out some old, worn Campagnolo stuff that worked but was tired. The wheels have subsequently been updated to Pacenti Forza with Wheels Mfg. hubs from Ergott Intergalactic Industries. The 5800 stuff is rock solid.

Same bike a few years ago with Campagnolo 10-speed. I like both setups equally but I will admit I might like the Campagnolo 10-speed levers with the Deda shallow drop bars a bit more than the Zero 100s. My hands fit the 10-speed levers and the Deda shallows nearly perfectly.
Yours was the first I saw when I went looking for info...which lead me to a locked post across the hall and some other nonsense...all good though...interwebs are what they are...your write up has/had me excited to get out on mine when it arrives!
Old 09-21-2017, 09:52 PM

I don't know anything about Pacenti frames, but the two posted here look very nice. Were they all sub-contracted? If so, who built them?
Old 09-21-2017, 10:40 PM

Quote:
I don't know anything about Pacenti frames, but the two posted here look very nice. Were they all sub-contracted? If so, who built them?
Don't know. The one I have coming was painted by Curt Goodrich, but that doesn't mean he built it. If it was Co-Motion, that's cool too - they do good work. Or maybe that's who Kirk was planning to have build them if he did production frames? It sounds like the ones that are around were maybe done one-off with tubing he had on hand or some such. Some mysteries are better left unsolved - I think I'm fine not knowing
Old 09-24-2017, 09:00 PM

Pacenti arrived today. Welds are extremely nice. Paint is deep and rich. And it's just under 1,800g w all hardware - which seems not too bad given it's a bigger size, custom painted, and traditional geometry. The tubing is definitely oversized and there's a seatpost shim pulling it down to 27.2. I'll get the crown race on tomorrow and start building if there's time.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
Pacenti arrived today. Welds are extremely nice. Paint is deep and rich. And it's just under 1,800g w all hardware - which seems not too bad given it's a bigger size, custom painted, and traditional geometry. The tubing is definitely oversized and there's a seatpost shim pulling it down to 27.2. I'll get the crown race on tomorrow and start building if there's time.
I look forward to seeing this built.
What tubing did KP use?
Old 09-24-2017, 10:32 PM

Quote:
I look forward to seeing this built.
What tubing did KP use?
No idea on the tubing. I'll take some detailed shots though and some measurements, maybe folks can decode it
Old 09-24-2017, 11:41 PM

Really looking forward to seeing this built...

with Campagnolo I hope! The only way beautiful bikes should be equipped!
Old 09-25-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKeller View Post
Really looking forward to seeing this built...

with Campagnolo I hope! The only way beautiful bikes should be equipped!

But of course
Old 09-25-2017, 01:44 PM

Nice frame. I've looked at it before.

On my Ellis that you refer to, I have built it many ways. I think the silver looks best, but that's just me.

Go ride the heck out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2021, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saab2000 View Post

Saab,

I hadn't seen this post before and not sure if you still have the bike, but I thought you'd like this link.

It's a review of that very frame, iirc.

https://www.bikeradar.com/news/pacenti-road-review/

Cheers,
KP

Last edited by Kirk Pacenti; 09-08-2021 at 01:13 PM.
Old 09-07-2021, 12:43 PM

Wow, great looking bike, bet it rides great. Would like to see more of these! Thanks, Kirk, for posting.
Old 09-07-2021, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klasse View Post
Wow, great looking bike, bet it rides great. Would like to see more of these! Thanks, Kirk, for posting.
This is a classic of the genre.
Old 09-09-2021, 03:28 PM

Nice! Actually I have seen the article. I no longer have this bike and I hope the current steward is enjoying it as much as I did. It was very nice and had no faults. But in my efforts to downsize my fleet it was sold.

I hope the current owner sees this and can give a report!