Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-16-2017, 07:52 AM
Vendor

FedEx is the greatest bestest shipping company in the universe!!!!

They freaking lost two boxes files with frames. SOLD frames! And frames for magazine reviews!!!

They say, oh well maybe the labels came off. ON TWO BOXES!?!?!?! From the same company mind you. Pretty rare occurrence one would think.

All this is after they told me in the morning they were on the truck for delivery. Clearly someone lied and I'm pissed by that as well as the craptastic service you get from them when something does happen.

UGH!!!
Old 08-16-2017, 07:57 AM
Administrator

should have taken this guy'd advice and avoided FedEx:

https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=204628
Old 08-16-2017, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
should have taken this guy'd advice and avoided FedEx:

https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=204628
Ouch!

IME, they can all screw up. Cross your fingers and ship.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:10 AM
formerly Landshark_98

lately they all suck. I've had 3 UPS packages not delivered as there was "an incorrect address" only its the same address, correct on the label that they've been delivering to for the past 6 years. The common fact in all 3 cases - the incorrect address call was made after 6 pm - i.e. I'm tired and am not going to deliver the rest of these damn packages - UPS center supervisor admitted as much.

I suspect its too many packages and too few employees by carriers and more and more things start to slip through cracks.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by paredown View Post
Ouch!

IME, they can all screw up. Cross your fingers and ship.
agreed. if this forum's sample size is any indicator, the past several months have shown an uptick in shipping drama. there is simply a TON of ecommerce stuff moving around these days. we buy stuff from the web these days with free shipping that we would have never thought we'd be buying online just a few years ago. a few packages are sure to get screwed up now and then, you just have to hope it's not your turn in the barrel i guess.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:30 AM

I've used all the big 3, USPS, FedEx and UPS and according to my Ebay account I have had over 1300 transactions (buying and selling). By far USPS is the one I've used the most and the one I've had the least problems with. I think location has something to do with it and having a good mailman/post office that you get to know on a personal basis helps.
FedEx is 2nd on my list for service and shipping large items. Bike Flights is terrific though I rarely buy and sell bikes nowadays.
I use UPS only as a last resort or returning something to a retailer since most of them still use UPS (which confounds me).
Old 08-16-2017, 08:42 AM
Vendor

The problem is the way Britain ships. It wasn't my choice. And not really HQs fault. There is a website that finds the cheapest shipper. Like Priceline. And you click the cheapest one and then it tells you who it's thru.

We have talked about it this morning and are going to use DHL directly from now on.

I have never had an issue with them. Luckily. But this is 4 times this year that we've had major issues with FedEx. And somehow I always get the people who just don't care. Super tired of it.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:51 AM

U have a sucker at fedex in your area that clearly wants your stuff... sucks man

Fill up a complain and they if they want to, can do an investigation, that type of stuff should not happen, there is a reason the tracking number is in the box, each number has to be accounted for, they should be able to follow the trace of the box and know where it disappeared i guess...
Old 08-16-2017, 08:56 AM
Peter Pan Oath adherent

Generally no issues unless my regular guy is on vacation.

I just had a UPS delivery tracked to "front door" but it was actually left beside the mailbox at the street 350' away from the house.

Heavy package with a hazmat label. Not the smartest choice by the driver.

BK

Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:04 AM

Sorry about your experience and hopefully they recover... I've had nothing but great luck with Fedex and/or BikeFlights, with things showing up sooner than expected. USPS Priority mail is my go to for anything smaller than wheels/frames.

UPS has consistently lied over the years, with lazy drivers that won't even enter the building and make a delivery attempt, just leaving a sticky note at the front door. Their uniforms are brown for a reason
Old 08-16-2017, 09:28 AM

Do you have your logo printed on the box? If so next time you get boxes made up skip the logo.

dave
Old 08-16-2017, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobJ View Post
I've had nothing but great luck with Fedex and/or BikeFlights, with things showing up sooner than expected.

UPS has consistently lied over the years, with lazy drivers that won't even enter the building and make a delivery attempt, just leaving a sticky note at the front door. Their uniforms are brown for a reason
yeah so far so good for me with FedEx/Bikeflights but I've definitely had FedEx pull the UPS deal you mentioned here. just put the label on the door and run, don't knock or anything. like, dude I took the day off of work and I got the dogs all primed and ready, staring out the front door for you, how'd you sneak up there and "attempt delivery"?

delivery direct to a FedEx office store is the best route in my book. especially if it needs a signature.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiasticon View Post
delivery direct to a FedEx office store is the best route in my book. especially if it needs a signature.
Best recommendation in this thread. I do this for all high-value items. You can change the delivery location from your residence or business to a FedEx store through their website. No more waiting at home for a bike frame or hoping for it to not be stolen from your porch.

Greg
Old 08-16-2017, 10:19 AM

As an aside: We live on the only through street in a condo community so I get to see most of the delivery trucks that come and go. Overall UPS drivers are more careful and do not gun it between our frequent speed bumps like the Fed-Ex drivers do. The UPS guys are all very friendly, wave, and say "hi". The Fed-Ex guys don't even make eye contact. Our new USPS guy is terrific as was our old one who retired a few months ago. The temporary/interim guys were just OK because none of them really thought we were "their customers".

All in all we get good service with few problems.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:47 AM
Vendor

Update....

So one of the boxes arrived today. Oddly, they told me BOTH were lost yesterday and now, one pops up.

We write the name, address and phone number on the outside for both me and Enigma UK.

The outside of the box has a big ol Enigma logo on it. There is a label inside and one outside PLUS the customs documents and PFI. SO there are numerous things that would have to get lost for the labels to actually get removed.

I've had things delivered to the local FEdEx office and even had things held at the local depot. They've still lost things or damaged things.