Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Marketplace > Vendors

Old 04-09-2016, 11:50 AM
Vendor

Cima Coppi Film Short + 2016 Collection

I posted a response to a thread started a few years back by MAttTuck (I think?) about our short term dreams in the world of cycling. In that thread I said that my wife and I hoped to move to Spain and continue our micro business designing and sewing wool cycling apparel. Well, last year it happened, and this year we've been off to a big start with many changes. We moved into a new studio space Feb.1 in the heart of Oviedo, Spain. A big step up for us as it's about 5 times the size of our previous space:

We also made a short film with our Canadian friends Ben, Kurtis and Galen about our first year experience here in Oviedo. For those who don't know, Oviedo is home to the famous Naranco climb (for the 70's and 80's era fans) and is 20km from the now even more famous Angliru climb. It's a cycling paradise. Check out the film (it's 5 minutes) here:

http://cimacoppi.cc/film

Lastly, we've been working hard on our latest collection - primarily 285gsm midweight wool garments. However, the most exicting news for us is that after years of requests, and years of searching, this April 30th we are launching an ultralight line of jerseys 185gsm. If I can say so, these 97% merino, 3% elastane jerseys are a whole new era for us. They are a much more race fit, they are incredibly comfortable, and work amazingly in the heat. We can finally serve you folks in the south! As always, we make/do everything, we're two (sometimes 2.25) people, and our main schtick is custom - everything is customizeable, made-to-measure.

We've kept some of the more popular items from 2015 in the online shop as well, But to check out the new 2016 collection (minus the lightweight which launches Apr.30th - I'll remind ya) go here:

http://cimacoppi.cc/collection-2016

Here are a couple of shots of new things:

and a teaser for the ultralight jerseys:

Thanks again. And let us know what you think of the film! and if you like it... share it! Please and thank you.

and go Tiesssj! (I'm a sucker for the injured underdog in Roubaix)

Last edited by rain dogs; 04-09-2016 at 03:34 PM.
Old 04-10-2016, 12:19 PM

i'm absolutely blown away by the video. left me with a warm feeling inside! inspired me to hop on my bike now. thank you so much!
Old 04-10-2016, 10:47 PM

So happy for you both. Beautiful film, beautiful collection. Excited to try out the new jersey too - look forward to placing an order! I must come visit...
Old 04-12-2016, 02:00 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonification View Post
i'm absolutely blown away by the video. left me with a warm feeling inside! inspired me to hop on my bike now. thank you so much!
Rad, thanks. I'm glad you liked it. We had a really fun time putting it together. Much credit to Ben Johnson, he's a good guy and a great film maker.

Can't wait to make the next one.
Old 04-12-2016, 02:03 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by timto View Post
So happy for you both. Beautiful film, beautiful collection. Excited to try out the new jersey too - look forward to placing an order! I must come visit...
Thanks Tim. We're excited about the new jersey. It'll be launching so soon. You know our door is open anytime you want to come.
Old 04-14-2016, 11:18 AM
Classics Fan

Looks like a beautiful place to ride. One of your jerseys is still on my list