Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-07-2017, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyrs View Post
Ah yeah, quill stems are often level with the ground, but also when you raise the stem, it's bringing the bars closer to you. To get reach, I think you'd want to drop a plumb bob or something similar from the stem to the center of your headset, measure from that point on the stem to the center of the bar along the stem, and subtract that from your x-axis to the bars.

Hope that I'm not just causing more confusion! Not sure if that made any sense...
yeah, makes sense
Old 03-07-2017, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GScot View Post
Ha, both the Cannondale Slate and Focus Paralane are on my radar. We have several Cannondale dealers locally but none have ever stocked a Slate in any size and won't bring one in unless you intend to buy it. I've been interested in the Slate since it was introduced but really want to ride it before I buy it. I also need to find out how much spacer or stem rise is possible on the Slate since I would need about 20mm of extra rise. The same dealer had a Paralane in for demo but I missed it. More are expected in the Summer for a Focus promotion so I'll check them out for sure. May be a N+1 situation by then. Thanks.
There's also the Endpoint Hunter Gatherer (650b, steel):
http://rideendpoint.com/collections/...unter-gatherer

Size small is 365/550--your exact spec requirements, but don't get hung up on exact numbers. Good idea to test ride before you buy, so this one may not work for you.