Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-04-2017, 08:14 PM
Bike Guy

Pretty much everyone seems to be on board with the navy blue this year with even Rapha dipping their toes in. Unless those La Passione bibs are total garbage that will be hard to be value wise. I can vouch that the SAS bibs are great but I did have an issue with the blue bibs bleeding onto a jersey (this was determined to "most likely" be from oxi clean used when I washed the jersey as the bibs were brand new). Of course the Rapha Classics in blue now seem to be the top of the range option with the Team Dream by Endo filling in the middle of the pack in what I have experience riding in.
Old 03-05-2017, 03:57 AM

ThePedla do a couple of models.
Old 03-05-2017, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetoclimb View Post
Pretty much everyone seems to be on board with the navy blue this year with even Rapha dipping their toes in. Unless those La Passione bibs are total garbage that will be hard to be value wise. I can vouch that the SAS bibs are great but I did have an issue with the blue bibs bleeding onto a jersey (this was determined to "most likely" be from oxi clean used when I washed the jersey as the bibs were brand new). Of course the Rapha Classics in blue now seem to be the top of the range option with the Team Dream by Endo filling in the middle of the pack in what I have experience riding in.
The La Passione bibs probably won't blow you away, but they're very good for the money.
Old 03-05-2017, 06:17 AM

Did not know any of these brand, that eliel looks super nice.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonification View Post
Have the purple ones. I really like the Endo fit and pad, which is on the more minimal end of things. Would purchase again.
Old 03-05-2017, 11:58 AM

i think voler has some!
Old 03-06-2017, 09:17 AM

Another vote for Voler Caliber
Old 03-06-2017, 09:59 AM

I also have the navy team dream bibs. The pad is great and the fit provides a lot of compression. They are really nice.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:21 AM

I have a fair amount of La Passione stuff, and I'm ambivalent about them as a company. The bibs are nice, and seem closest to Giordana. Jerseys are also nice, and so are the socks.

Anything long sleeved is very long in the torso and the sleeves are shorter than most other makes (3cm shorter than Rapha). Perhaps most importantly, their return policy is complicated, and a big pain. I've also learned that they filter their reviews -- I wrote one that listed sleeve length as being on the short side, and it never appeared and the person I was dealing with refused to include any notes on sleeve length being on the shorter side. So, next order went to someone else.