Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-29-2016, 02:50 PM

I can beat all of these cases for ridiculousness. I had an expensive item marked delivered to my front door. It plainly had not been delivered. I contacted the seller and then UPS, who in turn questioned the driver. He maintained that the package was correctly delivered.

The UPS person on the phone mentioned that I should carefully check my front porch for the package. I was starting to be resigned to the fact that the package was gone, so I didnt ever get mad at the ridiculous suggestion that I could have somehow have not seen a package on my front porch.

But I went outside and actually looked again to be sure I wasnt crazy. Of course it wasnt there but happened to look over the railing and there stuffed in behind the thick bushes was the package where it had been for three days!

It was so far out of sight I could barely reach it.
Old 03-29-2016, 02:52 PM

again, thanks all for the very helpful responses! I talked with someone at my local post office yesterday, and she wasn't very helpful, just said "if it's marked delivered and it's not there, all you can do is file a claim online" which i did....

what's weird is that the tracking information has since been updated through EBAY:

notice the top two updates that say case opened and case closed--it might be the doing of the seller, who has been helpful so far in contacting ebay and paypal i believe.

It's a bummer to hear this is a common problem in SF. I will definitely have to be more careful, even if I somehow end up receiving these bars.

-A
Old 03-29-2016, 02:56 PM
Administrator

damn, i was hoping for you that this update would have been they just got delivered late. good luck getting it resolved.
Old 03-29-2016, 03:03 PM

This appears to be commonplace everywhere.

I had the same thing happen a year ago. As with you the personnel at my local PO were no help, but fortunately the delivery person was. I filed a claim online, using "ebay sold" comps, and had a check in under two weeks. Basically I was out shipping and having to spend another year looking for another great deal on a rare saddle.

USPS delivery guy now leaves a notice and I pick-up at the PO. UPS and Fed-Ex are more difficult and inconsistent, so I sent an email to all family and friends to use my work address, unfortunately some still fall through the cracks.
Old 03-29-2016, 03:29 PM

Minor thread drift: Just came home from work and found that some yutz has stolen my plastic recycling bin that is left out by the road for pick-up weekly.....

Carry on.....
Old 03-29-2016, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreene888 View Post
I can beat all of these cases for ridiculousness. I had an expensive item marked delivered to my front door. It plainly had not been delivered. I contacted the seller and then UPS, who in turn questioned the driver. He maintained that the package was correctly delivered.

The UPS person on the phone mentioned that I should carefully check my front porch for the package. I was starting to be resigned to the fact that the package was gone, so I didnt ever get mad at the ridiculous suggestion that I could have somehow have not seen a package on my front porch.

But I went outside and actually looked again to be sure I wasnt crazy. Of course it wasnt there but happened to look over the railing and there stuffed in behind the thick bushes was the package where it had been for three days!

It was so far out of sight I could barely reach it.
Top this:
I ordered 2 pairs of Giordana bibs some years ago, during a Christmas sale.
I got the shipping notification, then delivery notification.
Checked the front porch, and inside the garage where UPS usually leave things.
Saw nothing. Theft not a problem here so I contacted the seller and UPS. UPS was certain it had been delivered; I never got it so the seller (CC I believe) sent me a new package which showed up the following week.
About 3 weeks later I took the lid off one of the empty garbage pails to throw trash in it and noticed a package at the bottom.
Two pairs of Giordana bibs in a sealed package! Unfortunately some unpleasant smelling water had seeped in.
So apparently the driver thought leaving the package in an empty garbage pail was a good idea.....
Old 03-29-2016, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamhell View Post
again, thanks all for the very helpful responses! I talked with someone at my local post office yesterday, and she wasn't very helpful, just said "if it's marked delivered and it's not there, all you can do is file a claim online" which i did....

-A
Sorry to hear that. Once when I've called USPS in a similar situation, I specifically remember them telling me that they store the GPS coordinates of where they delivered the package. In that case, that helped them determine that the postman had put my delivery in a community package box but had failed to the leave the key for me.
Old 03-29-2016, 04:21 PM

Happened to me a year or so back with some wheels. Luckily, only priced at $150<, and luckily, velomine offered to send me a new pair for free. So incredibly nice of them.

Anyways, I filed a claim and all, but nothing ended up happening.
I'm guessing they were stolen. Hope that is not the case with yours.
Old 03-29-2016, 06:34 PM

What timing. USPS says it delivered a package from the Bike Hub Store, and it ain't here! Nor is any mail whatsoever. I've been reading some of the posts, and hopefully it will appear by days end, or tomorrow.
Old 03-29-2016, 06:44 PM

I have a good one from many years ago. I had sent a competition shotgun to a well known smith for a fair amount of work in the days when repairs didn't have to ship through an ffl. The work was completed and the shotgun was shipped back via UPS with a signature required. I got home from work to find a note from the UPS driver stating that my package was "around back". I walked to the back of the house and sure enough there was my now soaked shipping box with my not inexpensive shotgun leaning up against the house...
Old 03-21-2017, 08:03 PM

Worth a Try

I got this idea from a neighbor, and set it up today with things I already have on hand. People are always warning of package theft on Nextdoor.com. Some include video footage of the incident, but often thieves are hooded and covered enough to be virtually indistinguishable. The note by the mailbox and on the trunk read basically the same. When possible, I'll ask that packages be put in the trunk in the "shipping instructions/comments" section when purchasing stuff online, but I've had those go ignored.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender 33.jpg (64.6 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender 34.jpg (64.6 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0285.jpg (52.9 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender 35.jpg (63.5 KB, 95 views)
Old 03-21-2017, 08:07 PM
Small ring

Priority mail includes $50 insurance by default.

Just sayin'.