Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-27-2017, 01:53 PM

Notifications

Hey all, I searched the forum but didn't find any info about if it is possible to get a notification when someone quotes you. This is a thing on every other forum I'm on but not here, and I find it very useful. Any info on that? Thanks.
Old 07-27-2017, 02:00 PM
Boeuf Chaîne

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota View Post
Hey all, I searched the forum but didn't find any info about if it is possible to get a notification when someone quotes you. This is a thing on every other forum I'm on but not here, and I find it very useful. Any info on that? Thanks.
Not an option currently on this forum. I don't know if that's is possible on this version of the software we're running, and it just hasn't been turned on, or it isn't possible at all. I'm guessing it's the latter.
Old 07-27-2017, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
Not an option currently on this forum. I don't know if that's is possible on this version of the software we're running, and it just hasn't been turned on, or it isn't possible at all. I'm guessing it's the latter.
Hmm. So how do people keep track of the threads they've commented on and, possibly, someone quoting them to have a discussion?
Old 07-27-2017, 02:08 PM
Boeuf Chaîne

Can't do it automatically.

Just spend 3 hours per day on the forum checking every thread you've commented on, and that should do it.

BTW, I'm sure you've also noticed that we don't have "Likes." That is issue that's been discussed...
Old 07-27-2017, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
Yer ears burning?
Old 07-27-2017, 02:11 PM

If you access the Forum through Tapatalk you get notifications on your smart phone.

CaptStash....
Old 07-27-2017, 02:40 PM

This isn't what you originally requested, maybe not even close, but you can keep a browser tab open showing your "Subscribed" threads, and then easily see whenever new posts are added to those threads.

On the Paceline home page (and from most other pages), click on the "Quick Links" drop down and click on "Subscribed Threads." This will show you all of the threads you have posted in, across all of the forums (I'm currently showing 912!).

Maybe that will help. I keep a tab open to this all the time as a quick way to see new activity on topics I've weighed in on.
Old 07-27-2017, 02:49 PM

Good info, thanks guys!
Old 07-27-2017, 04:13 PM

Interesting, I don't post a lot (more of a reader) but I get those notifications from other forums and didn't notice I wasn't getting them from here. Good to know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Old 07-27-2017, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota View Post
Hmm. So how do people keep track of the threads they've commented on and, possibly, someone quoting them to have a discussion?
You never, ever log out. Works for the rest of us.