Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-27-2024, 11:10 PM
kg

Bont shoe source?

I want to try on a pair of Bont Vaypor S shoes but can’t seem to find my size (46.5) anywhere in town or online in the U.S.

I don’t want to order from abroad because I have no clue if they will fit and want to be able to return them.

Do you guys have a secret source?
Old 03-28-2024, 08:31 AM

Same boat, haven't been able to find any. I know Haley Cycles in CO is a dealer or the importer, may reach out?
Old 03-28-2024, 08:53 AM

Not sure of a current source. When I bought my Bonts several years ago I got them from MyBikeShop out of Maryland. They helped me through the process and let me try a few different sizes and return what I didn't like. However, they are no longer in business
Old 03-28-2024, 09:15 AM

It looks like "DSTNC.com" has them. They ship out of California, and reasonably quickly too.

Their stock seems to fluctuate, but right now they at least have the Vaypor S in a 46.5 - standard or wide.

Maybe not the color you want, but you could probably return them if the fit doesn't work - just don't mount the cleats and you should be good!

https://shop.dstnc.com/products/vayp...42505691857093

*Ugh, disregard. looks like this is a preorder. still a source though!
Old 03-28-2024, 09:23 AM
Administrator

https://bontcycling.com/dealers/

They may not have stock, but they list a ton of dealers in the US. Maybe call one or two of them and have them order what you want, asking about their return policy?

Alternatively, I have found the fit of Bont shoes to be VERY polarizing. Some love them, but they simply dont work for my feet, and no amount of heat molding was going to work for me, despite my wife laughing at me putting shoes in the oven and walking around the living room looking like a crippled duck multiple attempts. Maybe try and find a used pair in your size and see if they work for a low cost of investment.
Old 03-28-2024, 03:36 PM

My experience was using the oven wasn't enough and enlisting a Bont selling skate shop using their oven and cobbler tools got the fit molded properly. Their sizing chart with the paper while odd was a perfect fit.
Old 03-29-2024, 06:05 AM

kgreene10 - what size shoe do you normally wear? I'm an 11.5 wide running shoe and a 46 "HV" Giro bike shoe. I'm looking to pick up a pair of Bont Riots for triathlon this year, and was considering 46.5 since they say to go up a half size, but I'm in the same boat about making a decision.

When I bought my Giros a few years ago I had to return two pair before I settled on 46, and their return policy and turn-around were awesome. I'd be sticking with them, but they've since discontinued their HV sizes for wider feet.

Last edited by Josh_W; 03-29-2024 at 06:09 AM.
Old 03-29-2024, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog84 View Post
It looks like "DSTNC.com" has them. They ship out of California, and reasonably quickly too.

Their stock seems to fluctuate, but right now they at least have the Vaypor S in a 46.5 - standard or wide.

Maybe not the color you want, but you could probably return them if the fit doesn't work - just don't mount the cleats and you should be good!

https://shop.dstnc.com/products/vayp...42505691857093

*Ugh, disregard. looks like this is a preorder. still a source though!
yupper, I fell for it and ordered some that showed "IN STOCK" only to can the order 6 weeks later.
Old 03-30-2024, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgreene10 View Post
I want to try on a pair of Bont Vaypor S shoes but can’t seem to find my size (46.5) anywhere in town or online in the U.S.

I don’t want to order from abroad because I have no clue if they will fit and want to be able to return them.

Do you guys have a secret source?
Have you already tried the obvious dealer locator for your area, and called around? Or ordering directly from them?

https://bontcycling.com/dealers/
Old 03-30-2024, 06:29 AM

Why not buy direct from Bont? Returns in the USA are sent back to a USA location, so it’s not super expensive return shipping.

FWIW, I think Bont is one of the best shoes out there. After decades of riding, they are the only shoes that give zero pain/hotspots even after long rides.
Old 03-30-2024, 08:45 AM
kg

Oh, this is fantastic to know. I was under the impression that returning to Bont meant sending abroad. It’s a persistent pet peeve of mine that websites (especially manufacturers with direct sales, it seems) don’t often specify whether return shipping is free and if not, where you would ship to.

Anyway, I’ll circle back to the source itself for these.
Old 03-30-2024, 08:50 AM
kg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_W View Post
kgreene10 - what size shoe do you normally wear? I'm an 11.5 wide running shoe and a 46 "HV" Giro bike shoe. I'm looking to pick up a pair of Bont Riots for triathlon this year, and was considering 46.5 since they say to go up a half size, but I'm in the same boat about making a decision.

When I bought my Giros a few years ago I had to return two pair before I settled on 46, and their return policy and turn-around were awesome. I'd be sticking with them, but they've since discontinued their HV sizes for wider feet.
I wear 46 in Specialized. I traced my feet per Bont’s instructions and came up with 278mm and 282mm. I sent the image to Bont and was encouraged to try a 46.5.

FWIW, I have “Greek” feet. Apparently, foot shapes are named after statue representations. Mine look like Greek statues (in foot only!) — long big toe and then a steeply angled falloff down to the pinky. I think “Roman” feet have toes of more equal length so the falloff angle isn’t as steep.
Old 03-30-2024, 09:37 AM

Quote:
I think “Roman” feet have toes of more equal length so the falloff angle isn’t as steep.
A pinky toe the same size as the big toes? I gotta see a Roman foot.
Old 03-30-2024, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Oh, this is fantastic to know. I was under the impression that returning to Bont meant sending abroad. It’s a persistent pet peeve of mine that websites (especially manufacturers with direct sales, it seems) don’t often specify whether return shipping is free and if not, where you would ship to.

Anyway, I’ll circle back to the source itself for these.
Definitely verify as I’ve never bought/returned from Bont myself, but here’s what the website says:

“For reference, our primary returns centre locations are located in Europe, USA, UK and Australia.”

https://shop.bontcycling.com/pages/returns
Old 03-30-2024, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
Definitely verify as I’ve never bought/returned from Bont myself, but here’s what the website says:

“For reference, our primary returns centre locations are located in Europe, USA, UK and Australia.”

https://shop.bontcycling.com/pages/returns
Yeah. I have had a pair of shoes direct from Bont ship from China, but I returned them to a U.S. address. Forget where.