Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-27-2017, 01:53 PM
formerly Landshark_98

Quote:
Originally Posted by sales guy View Post
Yeah, they did. I have a frame waiting for a kit. Q is showing 7/18 but who knows if that'll be real.
hmmm, well for me the good news is my inbound frame is still a ways out, but delay doesn't work to SRAM's favor with all these other options coming to market!
Old 06-27-2017, 02:04 PM

Having SRAM etap hrd installed on my ti warbird as we speak. Should be done by end of the week. I'll post some pics.
Old 06-27-2017, 02:57 PM

What is the enigma review?? Edward Nigma? E.Nigma?
Old 06-27-2017, 03:35 PM
#RYFB

Quote:

ALL of the bolts, pivots and nut, ALL of them are stainless steel or titanium. NO CORROSION!!! That's a massive massive plus in my book!
Shocked — SHOCKED! — to read this after your comment to me regarding the Thule heads ;-)
Old 06-27-2017, 04:14 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgolvin View Post
Shocked — SHOCKED! — to read this after your comment to me regarding the Thule heads ;-)
Even highend Campy super record has some steel hardware. It's crazy. And super awesome that FSA is doing this. Very well thought out.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:15 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraman6970 View Post
What is the enigma review?? Edward Nigma? E.Nigma?
Serious or joking?
Old 06-28-2017, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Not sure who they're getting their kits thru, but QBP doesn't show anything till next month and I get my stuff straight from Campagnolo USA/Italy as an OEM Builder. And Q is the norm for bike shops for parts. Curious who they're getting stuff thru/from?
No idea, but they didn't make it sound anything like they were getting some advanced order or anything like that. Sounds pretty much business as usual really.
Old 06-28-2017, 06:31 AM

The part about the Joker was a joke... the serious part is that I have no clue what the Enigma Review is, maybe Im missing the stuff in the translation and im thinking in the wrong thing.

Quote:
Serious or joking?
Old 06-28-2017, 06:45 AM

Quote:
The part about the Joker was a joke... the serious part is that I have no clue what the Enigma Review is, maybe Im missing the stuff in the translation and im thinking in the wrong thing.
Enigma is a UK based frame manufacturer. Titanium even (and steel or at least used to be steel as well). They are nice bikes.
Old 06-28-2017, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Not sure who they're getting their kits thru, but QBP doesn't show anything till next month and I get my stuff straight from Campagnolo USA/Italy as an OEM Builder. And Q is the norm for bike shops for parts. Curious who they're getting stuff thru/from?
Thank you for the information. I'm ordering up a gravel frame and of course all the parts. now i have a timeline to work with. have you seen a price tag on Chorus level calipers?? thanks again.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:43 AM

Think Bilato Factory

With Campy, production is all about timing....and waiting. There isn't a factory full of magical cycling factory elves eagerly commuting via unicorn to a production facility that's churning out parts 24/7. Think more of a bored, middle-aged Italian guy with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth that begrudgingly shows up for work during short windows of time between Easter/summer vacation and Christmas/Easter

For anyone in the biz that's dealt with production in the Boot, patience is key

It is heartening to see that Campy has made the commitment to disc as the only rim braked bikes rolling out of a LBS are either super, low-end comfort bikes and high-end road with race geometry. Everything else seems to have transitioned to disc. From a nostalgia standpoint, I hope that they're successful.

Example:
This one sell fairly well
https://www.specialized.com/us/en/bi...owentry/116175
Old 06-28-2017, 02:03 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuscanyswe View Post
Enigma is a UK based frame manufacturer. Titanium even (and steel or at least used to be steel as well). They are nice bikes.

Titanium, steel and stainless steel frames made about 50 miles southeast of London.
Old 06-28-2017, 02:05 PM
Vendor

Quote:

Oh, gotcha.

I have a bike going to Bicycling Magazine, one to VeloNews, one to PEZ and 3 others. When I said Enigma Review I meant the bike we are making that's being reviewed.
Old 06-28-2017, 04:34 PM

THanks... for the record... E.Nygma= the riddle Ultra's pop culture minute :P
Old 06-28-2017, 04:53 PM
Vendor

Those Bat Man movies were LAME!!! The first two Michael Keaton ones were awesome. But the Val Kilmer/George Clooney ones were bad.

I got the gist on the E Nigma joke. That's why I asked if you were serious or joking.