Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Production Bikes

Old 07-17-2017, 02:53 PM

Get that fork painted! Actually, I like the contrast. Here's my Hampco in the same paint but matching fork. >> https://photos.app.goo.gl/IvK8nXp6Eorzd5c82

Good looking bike
Old 07-17-2017, 07:46 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlin View Post
Get that fork painted! Actually, I like the contrast. Here's my Hampco in the same paint but matching fork. >> https://photos.app.goo.gl/IvK8nXp6Eorzd5c82

Good looking bike
looks fantastic. makes me really want to paint the fork now.
Old 07-18-2017, 09:03 AM

Beauty! Nice set up--enjoy the happy miles on that. I look forward to more pics. Or hell, just ship it over to me and I can take a few close ups. I know some good roads that would frame it nicely.
Old 07-18-2017, 09:38 AM
n + 3

I like the black fork, personally. Set up is beautiful. I wish you were my size (or vice versa), so I could snap this up when it inevitably goes up for sale.
Old 07-18-2017, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p nut View Post
I like the black fork, personally. Set up is beautiful. I wish you were my size (or vice versa), so I could snap this up when it inevitably goes up for sale.
I agree. I think the black fork looks good on there.
Old 07-18-2017, 12:27 PM
aka RAEKWON

I like the black fork on it too but I think would look better painted. I have another frame with a black for and have had more like that and its a look i really don't mind but always prefer painted.

I know its pathetic that there are no more pictures, I will get around it this weekend.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:28 PM

Having seen this in person I can say it looks awesome. I think the black fork matching the all black componentry nicely. Great build. If the fork is painted to match, I'd go with a wet white WCS post and stem..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv_vt View Post
Since when is a Hampsten Strada Bianca a 'production bike'?
P sure it's a rebranded IF Club Racer, which are some of the best steel bikes on the planet..

Quote:
Originally Posted by p nut View Post
I wish you were my size (or vice versa), so I could snap this up when it inevitably goes up for sale.
Hahahah.. think this one is gonna stick around for a bit.

Last edited by zzy; 07-18-2017 at 01:32 PM.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:37 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzy View Post
Having seen this in person I can say it looks awesome. I think the black fork matching the all black componentry nicely. Great build. If the fork is painted to match, I'd go with a wet white WCS post and stem..

P sure it's a rebranded IF Club Racer, which are some of the best steel bikes on the planet..

Hahahah.. think this one is gonna stick around for a bit.
hahaha, we will see but the bike has less than 100 miles and already trying to pry it off my hands ahahha.

I considered white components but too white for me but I think it would look good.
Old 07-26-2017, 07:51 PM
aka RAEKWON

As promised, finally took some pics

Last edited by R3awak3n; 07-26-2017 at 08:06 PM.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:42 PM

im drooling. and i liek the black fork, makes it look faster? tougher? meaner? i don't know, just a bit diff than other Pigs.

you have been riding some great bikes, how does it compare? too soon to say? because if they ride as good as they look, one of these could get me back on the wagon, or whatever they call the bike buying addiction.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:50 PM
aka RAEKWON

This is my 3rd ride on the hampsten.

I have to admit, I was not really feeling it on the first ride. Something was weird. I was going to blame the tires (I was doing some park laps in the city). I then realized that this bike runs big, I should have really paid attention to reach and stack ( but I did not get those measurements) and so I was going of the TT (56.5 which is about right as I like 56-57 bikes). On my elephant I ride a 110mm and same on the english which is actually a 56.8 TT. I also put a 110mm on this guy. Well, I guess it was just too much, switched it out to a 100mm stem and it felt familiar again and man was it good.

It is such a good bike, the fork is amazing, super light making the front of the bike very lively. Being able to fit 32mm is amazing too, very comfortable ride but also I took a gravel road that would have sucked on 25mm, even on 28mm and then got right back on the road, no problem. I also am starting to love this setup, mid cage athena with a 32T in the back. Just went up a 20% hill and it sucked less.

Really into it, so much so that I am thinking about taking this guy to D2R2 instead of my elephant
Old 07-26-2017, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
This is my 3rd ride on the hampsten.

I have to admit, I was not really feeling it on the first ride. Something was weird. I was going to blame the tires (I was doing some park laps in the city). I then realized that this bike runs big, I should have really paid attention to reach and stack ( but I did not get those measurements) and so I was going of the TT (56.5 which is about right as I like 56-57 bikes). On my elephant I ride a 110mm and same on the english which is actually a 56.8 TT. I also put a 110mm on this guy. Well, I guess it was just too much, switched it out to a 100mm stem and it felt familiar again and man was it good.

It is such a good bike, the fork is amazing, super light making the front of the bike very lively. Being able to fit 32mm is amazing too, very comfortable ride but also I took a gravel road that would have sucked on 25mm, even on 28mm and then got right back on the road, no problem. I also am starting to love this setup, mid cage athena with a 32T in the back. Just went up a 20% hill and it sucked less.

Really into it, so much so that I am thinking about taking this guy to D2R2 instead of my elephant
great to hear, keep me updated
i want to do d2r2 one of these days, sounds fun
Old 07-26-2017, 08:56 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzilliox View Post
great to hear, keep me updated
i want to do d2r2 one of these days, sounds fun
100% sure you would love it. Probably the best ride in the NorthEast.
Old 07-27-2017, 02:51 AM
v a n i l l a

Quote:
why would you spend hours pushing a pig when you could ride a Pig?
Old 07-27-2017, 05:14 AM

Quote:
You will be easy to spot on this bike!
..still easy but maybe less so on the NFE..