Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-30-2015, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy View Post
Seriously looking at a jacket with magnetic sleeves where the sleeves come on and off very easily. Anyone have something like this? I have a Gore jacket with zippers and they are a pain to put on and off.

http://www.rei.com/product/875014/su...ionsAndAnswers
i tried one of those on in the store saturday.... it felt very stiff for some reason... not sure if it was the pixel material or what.

i had a cannondale one like that, that I sold off due to non-use.

i like the sugoi version for the reflectivity, the cannondale while useful, wasn't cut very well for cycling I found.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:03 PM
Glory bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtb_frk View Post
Wahoo kickr for me. Still a boat load of money, but a dividend, 20% off and three gift cards I have been saving for a while makes it slight less painful.
Where did you see the Kickr? A search for Wahoo on REI's website only brings up TICKRs and an iPhone case.
Old 03-30-2015, 03:32 PM

kickr

REI sold out of them at least on-line. Was told from customer support no information in front lines hands on if/when they will restock.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve K View Post
REI sold out of them at least on-line. Was told from customer support no information in front lines hands on if/when they will restock.
Yeah - I was debating getting a kickr when i first received my dividend, but it wasn't until i got an additional gift card this past weekend that I made the decision to buy it. But alas...

I'm going to check my local store, but i don't hold out too much hope. Seems odd that they completely removed it from the site instead of listing it as 'out of stock'. Maybe trying to avoid a raincheck situation?
Old 03-31-2015, 12:48 AM

Keep looking at this... 20% off applies, rebate. Decisions! http://m.rei.com/product/875001/nova...a-5d-bike-2015
Old 03-31-2015, 06:35 AM
Administrator

i wound up picking up a patagonia bag i've had my eye on. 20% + rebate, pretty much took it home for nothing. sweet.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:45 AM

My dividend was $3.03. Decisions decisions...
Old 04-30-2015, 08:20 PM

So after about a month I got my trainer exchanged. I posted earlier in the thread that I had found a kickr in the store, got home and found that it was clearly used. The store was great to work with, and the only reason it took so long was that we were waiting for it to come back in stock. I am guessing someone bought the original one online then returned it. Upon opening the new one, everything was in the box and packaged as it should be. When they ordered it online they made sure it came from a warehouse instead of a store.

This is second time this has happened, the other item I purchased was a hitch rack that was used and returned. It had stripped screws and a number of scrapes. I guess as nice as the liberal return policy is, it doesn't always work out so good on the other end of the deal.
Old 04-30-2015, 09:26 PM

Bought a pair in tan, http://www.giro.com/us_en/products/men/gloves/lx.html using my dividend plus coupon.
Old 04-30-2015, 09:40 PM
Small ring

Quote:
So after about a month I got my trainer exchanged. I posted earlier in the thread that I had found a kickr in the store, got home and found that it was clearly used. The store was great to work with, and the only reason it took so long was that we were waiting for it to come back in stock. I am guessing someone bought the original one online then returned it. Upon opening the new one, everything was in the box and packaged as it should be. When they ordered it online they made sure it came from a warehouse instead of a store.

This is second time this has happened, the other item I purchased was a hitch rack that was used and returned. It had stripped screws and a number of scrapes. I guess as nice as the liberal return policy is, it doesn't always work out so good on the other end of the deal.
I live in MI and AZ. In AZ those returned items go to their garage sale (local one last weekend). They don't do that in MI. There were a couple of kickr's at the sale, one in a water damaged, but unopened box. It was half off. There may be a law in MI that prevents their garage sale, but it's crazy in AZ, folks camped overnight to be first in. At least returns are easy at REI.
Old 04-30-2015, 10:18 PM

We have garage sales here in Michigan. I have scored some really good deals on things in the past. My wife found a photo shoot arc'terx pack, and I have bought a number of tents there. You never know what you might find.
Old 04-30-2015, 10:42 PM
Small ring

Quote:
We have garage sales here in Michigan. I have scored some really good deals on things in the past. My wife found a photo shoot arc'terx pack, and I have bought a number of tents there. You never know what you might find.
Northville? Not in A2. PHX has a few a year.
Old 05-01-2015, 05:30 AM

For sure northville and Troy. Troy is usually a bit more chaotic because they basically let everyone in at once.