Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-16-2017, 04:30 PM

Cyclops Ant+ Powerbeam Pro controlled with iPad Air

So I've been relegated to the trainer by health issues (DVT clots have me on blood thinners) and I'm hoping to ditch the laptop.

I have the Wahoo Ant+ dongle connected via lightening adaptor. I have been successful connecting the iPad to the trainer

I spent last winter on Zwift, but it looks like the iPad Zwift app isn't compatible with the smart mode (power meter only?)

Sufferfest app doesn't look to be compatible either.

What other options do I have so I can use the iPad to control the Powerbeam as a smart trainer that folks can recommend? Or is one of the others I mentioned actually work?

TrainerRoad?
Rouvy (Former Cycleops app)?
Something else I'm not aware of?

I would like the app to push data to Strava/Today's Plan/trainingpeaks if possible. Programable workouts also helpful (it is a smart trainer after all.)

I'd like to keep the cost below $20 per month.

I tried Rouvy back when it was the Cycleops app and wasn't impressed, but if that's my only choice I'll try it again.

I would love for Zwift to fix the Cyclops smart trainer compatibility, or Sufferfest to step up as those are my first two choices...

Anything else not on my radar I should consider?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2017, 09:52 PM

Hey Fbhidy -
David from The Sufferfest here. Really sorry that we don't support the Powerbeam Pro with The Sufferfest App. As a trainer that hasn't moved in the industry standard FE-C direction for smart trainers, it's one of those that is sort of getting left behind. If you'd like to use The Sufferfest, one option is to use 'virtual power' with The Sufferfest app. For that, you'd just need a speed sensor on your bike and ANT+ dongle on your iPad. More on Virtual power: https://thesufferfest.com/blogs/the-...-virtual-power .