Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Custom Bikes

Old 10-18-2016, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyrs View Post
This is the good ****
thanks man, and yes, yes it is the good ****
Old 10-20-2016, 07:23 PM

Meet "Walter" the Waterford waterbike. Now with black crank and brakes. These TRP mid reach brakes are really sticky, almost too sticky. and this bike is badass, almost too badass!

[IMG]Ambrosios by Matt.zilliox, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]Walter in the moss by Matt.zilliox, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited by Mzilliox; 10-20-2016 at 07:25 PM.
Old 10-20-2016, 07:28 PM

Thats is super super nice. I prefer it when most were silver but just the stem and seatpost were black in 2nd pic first page. All versions are great tho ofc!
Old 10-20-2016, 07:34 PM
aka RAEKWON

I agree with tuscanyswe, I liked silver better as well but still looks super nice. This is really a great looking bike, great pick up.
Old 10-20-2016, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuscanyswe View Post
Thats is super super nice. I prefer it when most were silver but just the stem and seatpost were black in 2nd pic first page. All versions are great tho ofc!
I think i prefer the brakes in silver and crank in black, thanks for the comments and feedback
Old 10-21-2016, 01:13 PM

The fender really makes it for me. Great work!
Old 10-21-2016, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzilliox View Post
this fender attachment is real cool and easy, but man its noisy as the fender rattles in that clip. one piece of old bar tape slipped between the 2 and the ride is dead silent. wouldn't know the fenders were on!
But still really unsightly. Out of place on such a nice bike IMO. Why not replace with L-bracket? Those fender stays are pretty flexible as well, (also unsightly) so flexing/vibrating fender more prone to striking close-fitting tire over bumps. Also would attach the front with a daruma. Stiffer and would give you chance to rotate it forward a bit. As is sits, water will spray up off the front tire and back at you. Sorry to nit-pick, but if serious about rain bike, why not get real fenders set up properly?

Last edited by marciero; 10-21-2016 at 06:48 PM.
Old 10-21-2016, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciero View Post
But still really unsightly. Out of place on such a nice bike IMO. Why not replace with L-bracket? Those fender stays are pretty flexible as well, (also unsightly) so flexing/vibrating fender more prone to striking close-fitting tire over bumps. Also would attach the front with a daruma. Stiffer and would give you chance to rotate it forward a bit. As is sits, water will spray up off the front tire and back at you. Sorry to nit-pick, but if serious about rain bike, why not get real fenders set up properly?
whats a daruma?
You apparently have a lot of experience with different fender setups, thanks for the insight.
So far I have not had any problems in the rain with water splash, but ill keep an eye on it. i just bought the bike off the forum setup with these snazzy fenders which are even painted to match. they seem to work just fine (other than the noise i fixed), so i didn't see any need to fix something that is working. And as far as i can tell, they are real, just as real as the fenders on my other 2 fendered bikes (berthoud and honjo). we just got 8 inches of rain in 4 days, i got to test it out pretty good, riding 3 of the 4 days. I didn't experience any splashup.
If i start having issues, ill keep your take in mind
Old 10-22-2016, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzilliox View Post
whats a daruma?
You apparently have a lot of experience with different fender setups, thanks for the insight.
So far I have not had any problems in the rain with water splash, but ill keep an eye on it. i just bought the bike off the forum setup with these snazzy fenders which are even painted to match. they seem to work just fine (other than the noise i fixed), so i didn't see any need to fix something that is working. And as far as i can tell, they are real, just as real as the fenders on my other 2 fendered bikes (berthoud and honjo). we just got 8 inches of rain in 4 days, i got to test it out pretty good, riding 3 of the 4 days. I didn't experience any splashup.
If i start having issues, ill keep your take in mind
Sorry, Just being super nit-picky. I do think the matching color is very cool. If these do work as good your honjo and Berthoud that is cool. Those were the fenders Io was thinking of. BTW, daruma bolt attaches the fender at the fork crown. It loops around the brake bolt inside the steer tube.

Last edited by marciero; 10-22-2016 at 07:04 AM.
Old 10-22-2016, 09:08 AM
aka RAEKWON

These fenders have a bracket in the front fender to attach to brake hole so no dare a necessary, you would have to cut the bracket out and drill a hole for the dark a, not necessary. L bracket in the back would work but this looks fine I only and if it's not giving trouble I would stay with the setup.

As far as water spraying back at you, metal fenders do similar stuff unless you use a flap. I just got caught in racy rain yesterday with my berthoud fenders and feet were soaked, got me searching mud flaps when I got home

Last edited by R3awak3n; 10-22-2016 at 09:10 AM.
Old 10-22-2016, 10:42 AM

No worries on the nitpicky, i like to learn more stuff about more stuff.

How about a couple more pics with bigger rubber?
[IMG]getting personal by Matt.zilliox, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]Walter by Matt.zilliox, on Flickr[/IMG]
Old 10-23-2016, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post

As far as water spraying back at you, metal fenders do similar stuff unless you use a flap. I just got caught in racy rain yesterday with my berthoud fenders and feet were soaked, got me searching mud flaps when I got home
I was thinking of spray off top of tire as it exits the front of the bike. Fender needs to extend forward enough to prevent spray being directed up and being blown back at torso level.

The mudflap thing is another issue. I experimented with different mounting positions/orientations but haven't gotten them to work as well as I would hope.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:42 PM

This bike ticks all my boxes: perfect proportions, exquisite shade of paint, classy panels & script, purposeful sensibilities...

Sweet!
Old 11-21-2016, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaly66 View Post
This bike ticks all my boxes: perfect proportions, exquisite shade of paint, classy panels & script, purposeful sensibilities...

Sweet!
thanks man, and best yet, im still riding it in the cold and rain!
[IMG]turkey lurkey by Matt.zilliox, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]rainbow road by Matt.zilliox, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]ridin dirty by Matt.zilliox, on Flickr[/IMG]
Old 11-21-2016, 08:30 PM

Fantastic, great color