Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-09-2016, 04:37 PM
coffee consumer

another CostCo vote here.
Old 07-09-2016, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcteague View Post
Had good success with https://www.bedinabox.com/. Nice price, good mattress and prompt shipment. They have a 120 night trial period policy as well which means a lot. The mattress comes, compressed, in a box. Once out of the plastic wrap it starts expanding. Pretty cool. Can't say it is heaven on earth, as some seem to claim, but the memory foam is more comfortable to me than any bedding I have has in the past.

Tim
+1 me too
Old 07-10-2016, 01:33 PM

have a Casper inbound, should arrive in a week or so.
Old 07-10-2016, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickdoc View Post
Anyone sleeping on a Casper?

Thinking of giving one a try.

Currently on a sterns and foster that was a gift, but at two years in it is already showing signs of "two people sleep here" indentations.

I wonder if my back would fare better with something else. And I'm always hot.
I've had a Casper for about 2 years now, and love it. I've slept on a Tempurpedic and found it to be way too hot, particularly with a 2nd sleeper present. The Casper is much cooler.

Leesa is another brand about which I've heard good reviews.
Old 07-10-2016, 08:53 PM

I ordered online a Nest Alexander Hybrid mattress. It looks to contain about the same layers in the same order as the Beauty Rest we saw at Mattress Firm and it was only $1299 (after a $200 discount) for a King sized mattress instead of $3999 for the Beauty Rest. It ships free and has a 100 day trial period, Mattress Firm charges $140 restocking fee and you are then locked in to taking one last shot with them.

I was really tempted by the Saatva mattress and if the Nest doesn't work out then I think this will be the one we buy.

I'll update the thread when it arrives (1-5 days).

But thank you for all the suggestions. This place truly is the best cycling and mattress related website out there.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajhapps View Post
I've had a Casper for about 2 years now, and love it. I've slept on a Tempurpedic and found it to be way too hot, particularly with a 2nd sleeper present. The Casper is much cooler.

Leesa is another brand about which I've heard good reviews.
We slept too hot on our Temprapedic so we gave it to some friends who like it fine. We bought an extra-firm by one of the big firms through COSTCO for a good price, free delivery and set-up. It's been fine.
Old 07-23-2017, 10:05 AM

Reopening this thread. Been a while but now I'm finally ready to get a new mattress.

Had to sleep in my daughters bed last night as our main ac unit was out ( upstairs still worked fine)

Slept like a baby. Noticeable more comfortable on an el cheapo mattress. It is a little noisy (can hear springs) and maybe I was just relieved to be in air conditioning? Made me realize our old sterns and foster needs to go away. Soon.

So I'm curious what has developed since several of you have some real world experience with the new foam types.

Bed in a box has multiple choices and prices now. And they have a spring mattress too. How do you stuff a spring mattress in a box?

Tuft and needle. Front runner good prices.

Casper. Seems comparable to t n

Tempurpedic. Pricey and could be too hot?

What say you?
Old 07-23-2017, 10:09 AM
Lanterne rouge

I have a Casper and love it. Super nice.
There is some coupon for 100 off as well.
Only got one because Howard recomended it.
Old 07-23-2017, 10:26 AM

We've had a Tuft and Needle mattress for over a year now and the thing is dreamy. Not too firm or soft and no wear and tear to speak of. Customer service has been great, any emailed questions get answered within a day...even on the weekends. Price was reasonable as well. Can't say enough good things about them!
Old 07-23-2017, 11:18 AM

my wife and i bought an ikea foam mattress about six months ago. it's a 'myrbacka'. we both think it's great.
Old 07-23-2017, 12:39 PM

We purchased from Loom and Leaf. Delivery, set up, and removal of the old mattress were included in the price. Quite pleased with the mattress. You sink in a bit, but then the mattress firms. It does NOT sleep hot as do some foam mattresses are reported to do. I really like how it muffles movement from elsewhere in the bed. I can toss and turn all night, and none of the motion is felt by my wife.
Old 07-23-2017, 01:03 PM
Small ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by echelon_john View Post
Anyone try Tuft & Needle?
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrider View Post
subscribing (only to hear someone chime in on this)
A neighbor got one, we left AZ before she had slept in it much, but I think it was okay.

We did find that they donate their returned mattresses to Salvation Army, who then sells them cheaply.

This was in Phoenix.
Old 07-23-2017, 01:04 PM

Same boat 2 years ago and ended up purchasing Tuft & Needle to test for the 100 days. Figured if it didn't work out we would 'upgrade' to a more expensive brand. Did the mattress store sales pitch for a couple stores, what a way to waste a Saturday!

Our T&N: so far, so good. There are two layers - top foam is softer than the lower layer and you can feel by pushing down on mattress. Can't speak much to firmness or heat/cooling as these are subjective to owner. It was a good value and I'm happy with it overall.
Old 07-23-2017, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmudshark View Post
A neighbor got one, we left AZ before she had slept in it much, but I think it was okay.

We did find that they donate their returned mattresses to Salvation Army, who then sells them cheaply.

This was in Phoenix.
I was going to have Salvation Army take the old one anyway along with other items. My favorite charity by far.
Old 07-23-2017, 05:17 PM

Love my Casper. Love their pillow and sheets too..

I've had the mattress for about two years.